My Audio System (for the time being...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I would like to present here my Audio System.

My loudspeakers consists, each one, for:

- 12" JBL-D123 speaker, for the mid-bass/bass, installed in a sealed cabinet.
- JBL-2426J compression driver coupled to a radial horn of wood, for the midrange.
- Selenium D220Ti compression driver coupled to a radial horn of wood, used for the treble.

In the black box located behind drivers, are the responsible passive components for the alignment and interlacement between the drivers/speaker meet.

My system is bi-amplified.

The sources (CDTransport/DAC and Plays Hard-analog) are connected to a DIY tubes pre-amplifier, which in turn sends the signal to an active 2 way crossover .

This crossover separates bass and subbass, (and also adjust its cutting and intensity using 2 pots) and send this signal to a solid state power that feeds a sealed subwoofer Dahlquist DQ-1w, 12". The subwoofer Dahlquist it is over there in the back from room, on photo where appears only the loudspeaker.

The other part of the crossover frequencies to send a DIY pure triode power amplifier made especially by myself in order to drive this kind of speakers. All technical characteristics of this power, mainly damping, were carefully designed and prepared to exploit the maximum yield of these compression drivers/horns-speaker.

The sources are CDTransport Theta Pearl/DAC Theta Chroma and turntable Thorens TD-126 MKII/SME-3009R/Ortofon MC-20 Super MKII/Former Audio Note AN-S4II.

The pre and the power is tube and the power is pure triode.

The power for passive subwoofer is a Sony TAN-5550 solid state.

The final result is a very clean sound, much balanced tone, very dynamic and with highest resolution.

Victório Benatti

P7310040.jpg

P7310041.jpg

P7310042.jpg

P7310036.jpg

P7310037.jpg

P7310039.jpg

P7310038.jpg

Hello,

I changed of place the wood horns. Now, the horn of medium is on of the box and the horn of treble is enters of medium and the D123.
The disposal of the horns now is equal the one that is used in the Westlake speakers. They have reason in mounting them of that skill, because thus the voices sound much more "smooths" (not granulate) and natural.

Victório Benatti

P8010044.jpg

P8010045.jpg

P8010048.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.