Help with mid bass design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone help me model this driver? (w250-72 attached file)
Ive tried putting the data into winISD 0.60a1 but it wont save the data, and then in to an older version of winISD, but
it came up with inconsistencies.
I want to put 2 drivers into a box (x 2 for stereo) to compliment a LAB12 Sub that gets rolled off at 100Hz 18db/oct

After looking at the graph, I guess I should roll them off at 1.5K or slightly less?

Can anyone help me with dimms for the box?

Attachments

• driver5.jpg
    driver5.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 176

GM

Joined 2003
Due to the driver's low Qts you'll need to horn load it to properly XO it at 100 Hz. That, or put it in a too large a cab and use digital EQ to flatten it, though of course efficiency/dynamic headroom will suffer.

Anyway, as is, normally you want the cab to be a max flat sealed alignment, so for dual drivers this would be ~10.12 L net with a ~209 Hz F3/Fb. If you want to EQ it down to a ~100 Hz F3/Fb, then increasing its effective Qts to ~0.53 requires ~75.39 L. Of course since this is a very over-damped ~0.35 Qtc alignment as is, you can EQ it to whatever slope it takes to best blend to the XO in-room.

GM

Thanks GM!
Some questions:
If I wanted to use my drivers in small venues, would a horn like this be useless?

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=mt122

Would I need any modifications to that design to accommodate my driver?

What would the major differences be between that horn, and a 10.12 L sealed enclosure?

If I made 10.12L sealed enclosure, what would be the most important design considerations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.