YAMAHA NS1000 crossover Tweaks - Page 46 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2011, 12:44 PM   #451
tmuikku is offline tmuikku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tmuikku
Yep, Genelect s45ya is active speaker: ns1000m with Genelec s30 triamp amplifiers with modified crossover. I've got the schematics but not exact values for the s45ya crossover. I have the units here and someday maybe dissect them to measure components. However, one might be better with some DSP xovers as many have suggested. Attachments show s30 crossover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (170.7 KB, 426 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (182.4 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (366.5 KB, 402 views)
Old 16th November 2011, 02:03 PM   #452
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebrooke View Post
Hi Beachmountain,

please let me know how you get on with this. I am still holding my breath on a B4 but if by New Year there is not even a rumor about it, well then I guess I shall use a ...what? Any thoughts on a good active crossover for the NS1000M? I only plan to bi-amp.

George
George,

Why going through all the fuss of a separate device?
When biamping you can provide the bass amp with a 2nd order low pass passive filter at the input (at line level); it needs a capacitor and a choke.
The same (but then high pass of course) for the F5 amplifier which has 100k input impedance; you could make that input resistor a good quality multi turn one to set the balance with the bass.
2nd order will do (the speaker's filter is also 2nd order).
In my opinion this is preferable over a separate device with all associated electronics, cables a.s.o., also sound wise.
Old 16th November 2011, 05:18 PM   #453
decca4 is offline decca4  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter t View Post
George,

Why going through all the fuss of a separate device?
When biamping you can provide the bass amp with a 2nd order low pass passive filter at the input (at line level); it needs a capacitor and a choke.
The same (but then high pass of course) for the F5 amplifier which has 100k input impedance; you could make that input resistor a good quality multi turn one to set the balance with the bass.
2nd order will do (the speaker's filter is also 2nd order).
In my opinion this is preferable over a separate device with all associated electronics, cables a.s.o., also sound wise.
I totally agree with pieter.
The solution that you are contemplating will introduce more problems than what that route will offer in sonic benefit.

Stefan
Old 12th May 2012, 11:16 AM   #454
pw8888 is offline pw8888  France
diyAudio Member

Default jantzen-audio for the NS1000

I am selling a Pair of Custom filter from jantzen-audio for the NS1000
Mounted.
NEVER USED OR SOLDERED
Brand new
Selling the faceplate as well with an extra pair of bidding if needed

pm me is interested

phil
Old 26th May 2012, 12:01 AM   #455
diyAudio Member

This is a very long thread and much of is is heated or off-topic. I might have missed this, and if so, apologies, but:

Does anyone have information for rebuilding NS1000 crossovers using quality contemporary replacement parts? Maybe a parts list and some documentation? I dont' want to 'enhance' the devices, just replace old parts with high-quality replacements.
Old 26th May 2012, 02:52 PM   #456
diyAudio Member

Look here for a broad example of what should be done to upgrade DIY in another speaker. Post your questions and pictures for more detailed information.
x-over for Kef iQ30
Old 26th May 2012, 06:55 PM   #457
diyAudio Member

Thanks- will do.
Old 28th May 2012, 12:17 PM   #458
sreten is offline sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etnier View Post
This is a very long thread and much of is is heated or off-topic. I might have missed this, and if so, apologies, but:

Does anyone have information for rebuilding NS1000 crossovers using quality contemporary replacement parts? Maybe a parts list and some documentation? I dont' want to 'enhance' the devices, just replace old parts with high-quality replacements.
Yamaha NS-1000 Jantzen-audio crossover - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Hi, All in the above link, rgds, sreten.

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Yamaha-NS1000.htm
Old 29th December 2012, 07:26 PM   #459
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to thetubeguy1954
I just obtained a pair of NS-1000M for $500 that my friend a master cabinet / furniture refinisher, who works in the homes of multi-millionaires refinishing scratches in their mega-buck tables etc. Is going to completely sand down and refinish in the color Oxblood with a high gloss cover, as a favor for me.

I compared these NS-1000M directly against my Fostex FE208ES-R drivers with Fostex T-900a tweeters in Sachiko double-back-loaded horns and to say I was amazed at how good the NS-1000M sounded, would be an understatement! I was so impressed want to first rebuild the XO with today's high-quality components and if I like what I hear as much as I believe I will, I'll purchase a second pair of NS-1000M and stack & invert them on top of the first pair! So it will be W-M-T T-M-W on each side! Has anyone tried this yet? If so, what were the pros and cons of doing this sonically?

I'm listening to: For The Moment by Bob Mintzer Big Band

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)
Old 29th December 2012, 11:14 PM   #460
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etnier View Post

Hi Etnier-

For a more standard crossover upgrade- see my post #201 and read on from there. The 6 3.5uF caps (C3) are not electrolytics, as poster morksbeanbag points out in post #209. So you could leave those. I chose to replace them anyway.

For the NS-1000 schematic- see post #196.

Hope this helps. They are great speakers.

-Kent

Hide this!Advertise here!