Help me with SONUS FABER AMATI clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am Sasha from Croatia,Split. I'm trying to clone Sonus Faber Amati Anniversary Edition speaker. I will need all kind of help,especially about enclosure drawings (inside and outside ) and crossover scheme. Has anyone cloned it? If so,I would like to see some pictures,my mail is skatavic@gmail.com or sasa.katavic@st.t-com.hr
I gather some information about that speaker by myself,but I will need help of someone who is more experienced.
However thank you.
BEST REGARDS

SASHA

What is your real goal? Have you heard these speakers? Or do you like the look of the cabinets? A true "clone" can be hard to do without all the right information, and unnecessary - the drivers are usually available on the open market - it is then a matter of proper enclosure and crossover design, which can be done with software, and a little (a lot, really) experience.

Persuing a clone can be frustrating - you'd be better off looking at the numerous established designs already available. If you want to use ScanSpeak drivers, take a look at this:

http://www.zaphaudio.com/ZRT.html

Also look at Troels Gravesson's site - great ScanSpeak designs there too.

If you want to clone the cabinet you will need the services of a highly skilled woodworker - be prepared to pay. Perhaps instead of saying you want to clone a particular commercial design, try saying you want to create a particular quality of sound - the possibilities open to you then will be numerous.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.