manger transducers info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all im going to do a project with a manger transducer for mid and highs with a eton 12" hexacone on sub/bass the manger will be run off a passive crossover with the bass /sub active does anyone here have any thoughts or experiance with a setup like this i would also likew to know who distributes them in the usa all and any info would be very much appreciated cheers

Hi,

I know that E-Speakers.com sold them here in the US (LA, Cali?), but I'm not sure if they still do, as it appears as though the Manger link isn't on the website. You or someone you know should probably give them a call, if you're really interested.

My main question to you is why you'd want to highpass the Manger with a passive xo and go active on the woofer? You'd pretty much be missing out on all the benefits of going active if you did that IMO. Makes no sense to me. With drivers of that expense, I would think it'd be mandatory to 'do it right'..

No, no no and no !!!!

Why feed the amp signals that will be cut at its output by a crossover afterwards ? The Manger can be driven by a 1st order crossover. So if you use two amps anyway - why not alter the input cap of the amp driving the manger such that it acts as the apropriate 1st order highpass ?

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.