DCM Time Windows- Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!

I purchased a pair of DCM Time Windows in the mid 80’s. The serial #’s are 36332, 36487. The woofer (top right) in 36332 has blown and needs replacing. Do you know where I can get a suitable replacement ( I realize I may need 2 for correct mirroring) ?
I’m not a repair expert so plse forgive me if this request sounds juvenile. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris Quimby
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
845-516-4188
cquimby51@hotmail.com

The current DCM company no longer services the TimeWindows and the last time I checked, they did not have any drivers for them either.

Worst case, you can find a drop in replacement that fits the hole (you'll need to use a heatgun to loosen the black goop sealing the driver in and then scrape it off.) Better case, you search ebay periodically for dcm speakers and you'll find people like you who part out their timewindow drivers because they blew their drivers and no replacements were available. Then you'll be able to find something that might be closer to what you need. I've seen a few pop up recently but you'll have to wait until they pop up. With dcm not servicing their old speakers, people tend to buy new ones.

Over the years I believe they used more than one brand of drivers and tweaked the crossover to get them right so even if you found a timewindow woofer it may not sound "right." The woofers in my set are from vifa and the tweeters I believe are from philips...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.