My Audio System (for the time being...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to present here my Audio System.

My loudspeakers consists, each one, for:

- 12" JBL-D123 speaker, for the mid-bass/bass, installed in a sealed cabinet.
- JBL-2426J compression driver coupled to a horn of aluminium cast as a model similar to that used in the box JBL Paragon, for the midrange.
- Selenium D220Ti compression driver coupled to a horn of aluminium cast Selenium HM25-25, used for the treble.

In the black box located behind driver of treble, are the responsible passive components for the alignment and interlacement between the drivers/speaker meet.

My system is bi-amplified.

The sources (CDTransport/DAC and Plays Hard-analog) are connected to a DIY tubes pre-amplifier, which in turn sends the signal to an active 2 way crossover .

This crossover separates bass and subbass, (and also adjust its cutting and intensity using 2 pots) and send this signal to a solid state power that feeds a sealed subwoofer Dahlquist DQ-1w, 12". The subwoofer Dahlquist it is over there in the back from room, on photo where appears only the loudspeaker.

The other part of the crossover frequencies to send a DIY pure triode class "A", power amplifier, with 15 wrms/ch, made especially by myself in order to drive this kind of speakers. All technical characteristics of this power, mainly damping, were carefully designed and prepared to exploit the maximum yield of these compression drivers/horns-speaker.

The final result is a very clean sound, much balanced tone, very dynamic and with highest resolution.

Victório Benatti

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/victoriobenatti/DSC02081.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/victoriobenatti/DSC02074.jpg

Nice looking design there. I like how the back of the midrange horn is exposed, but you've extended the lines of the bass cab upwards.

What crossover points are you using? How to you like that HF compression driver? I though Ti diaphragms tended to break-up at HF, or is this not an issue for home use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.