Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th June 2008, 08:29 PM   #1
AntM is offline AntM  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default 27TBCD/GB-DXT as an alternative to 27TBFC/G

Has anybody used or considered using the Seas 27TBCD/GB-DXT as an alternative to 27TBFC/G in Zaph's L18 design?

http://www.bmm-electronics.com/docum...seas\h1499.pdf

It has a unique "diffraction expansion technology" which is supposed to improve the off-axis response and improve integration with the bass driver.

Main issues look to be a higher resonant frequency compared to the 27TBFC/G, and a HF rolloff starting at 6kHz, meaning some crossover work.

Distortion looks low, according to Zaph. http://www.zaphaudio.com/tweetermishmash/
Old 16th June 2008, 10:25 PM   #2
Tenson is offline Tenson  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have a pair of these tweeters if you would like to buy them from me? They are run in but unused. I just don't have the time for the project I planned. I kind of bought them just because I was interested to be honest... I made up a use for them once I decided I wanted some!

They can do a 4th order 2KHz Xover, although the response is a little bumpy comapred to the 27TBFCG. The advantage however, is lower (very low!) distortion and wide even dispersion right up to 20KHz.

Not a drop in replacement obviously.
Old 16th June 2008, 11:03 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Jed Kunz is doing a dipole MTM with monopole woofer design here using a modified Seas waveguide tweeter:

Quote:
http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=29944
The good thing about this waveguide tweeter, is you should be able to reach a LR2 acoustic highpass slope with a small series capacitor, opening up LR2 options with a well behaved and low distortion woofer.

Cheers,
David.

Hide this!Advertise here!