Top opinions for a pair of SB Acoustics SB29NRX75-6 10” Woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the design I came up with; it is one meter high:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm wondering whether to round the inside corner's with some type of ridge foam on the top and wooden step-type rounding on the bottom like you see in fostex's recommend horn enclosures -- https://www.madisound.com/pdf/fostexcabs/208ez_enclrev.pdf -- I've never seen the inside line rounded on a TL, so I'm assuming it's a waste of time and/or space.

Is the woofer too far down the line? I can rework the inside I think.

Nothing yet :D

I changed my midrange driver to a ScanSpeak 15S/8530.

I'm still not sure how my enclosure is going to look. Any suggestions are welcome. I found this post again looking for pics and drawings of the Avalon clone. I don't think I will build one of these though. I think I want the front to be removable.

I also changed the SB enclosure to a 100 inch long 10:1 tapered TL, once I finally obtained MJK's Mathcad worksheets.

SB Acoustics' 10 inch driver looks like is was build very well. Scan Speak is nicer though :D

Hello friends,

I was thinking of putting the tweeter and midrange vertically next to each other.

Are there any other problems with this design other than poor time alignment (or is it called phase alignment or something else?), between the tweeter and midrange, if one moves right or left of the speaker? Is this really such a big or noticeable problem?

I'm seriously building this thing soon :Pirate:

"I’m having a hard time finding a single driver that covers 900-20000 Hz, which I assumed would be a 2-3” driver, but they aren’t any that have a flat response, with good distortion figures"

Linkwitz's Pluto used the Aurasound NSW2-326-8A from 1k up. It rolls off early but he equalizes and lives with some early roll off. By all accounts it sounds good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.