small(15l) vented bipole with fe127e, possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this set in mind, to make a mono speaker using the fe127e in a 15l vented bi-pole configuration.

I have read Salas post "TB3 mini bi-pole" as inspiration and it all seems very good to me.

If possible I intend to use this speaker as a portable backpack speaker, so a low weight ratsio and size is of importance.

I have searched this forum for a while now and have not come up with an answer.

please can you help confirm me if I have jumped in the "crazy barrel"?

kifeinthesink said:
Figure 01 shows the calculated frequency response. For two FE127E drivers, the optimum volume is about 12L

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Speakers/FE127E_SB/FE127E_SB.htm

I should update the text on that project page. 12L is the optimum sealed volume using the Factory supplied T/S parameters. Using the measured parameters, the optimum volume is about 23L.

FYI - Here are my measured T/S parameters for the
Fostex FE127E Fullrange drivers. Also, take a look at this thread about the FE127E T/S parameters.

On the graph, the orange line is the modeled response using the Fostex parameters and the yellow line using the measured parameters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.