Attenuate tweeter level by 2 db

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to lower the highs by 1.5-2db without altering the crossover phase. I can use a 3R in series with the 13R, or a 25R in parallel with the tweeter. What's the best way to do it?

Attachments

• ssr crossover3.jpg
    ssr crossover3.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 382
bastek said:
Thanks for the link, but i can't use the L-pad formula. I can only add one resistor in series or in parallel. What's the correct value for 2 db attenuation? The tweeter impedance is 7 ohms.

Why is that? What you are looking for, maybe is this.
http://www.troester.org/ls/lpad.html

But the model should be tested. You want to use your xover or similar (same results) with a different attenuation, if I'm right. If you need help just ask. What is your tweeter (besides the 7 thing)?

djarchow said:
The 25 Ohm in parallel with the tweeter gives you the most even attenuation across the passband and keeps the phase closer to the original schematic.

regards,

Dennis

Dennis, that gives a good attenuation of ~2dB.

bastek, I wouldn't be amazed if you find kind of a peak at ~15k of 6dB with this tweeter/xover, unless you have a fullrange kind of driver or a first order midwoofer with low roll-off + good integration. (Cons. xover at ~2K5 for the NeoCD).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.