Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

gainphile has the bad habit of showing pics and not telling anything, not even a link. Annoying! This is not a quiz game, I believe.

I think it's refreshing that someone posts good, interesting and clear pictures without endless commentary. Many people, and that includes myself, post paragraphs of tedious rambling, when a simple sentence would accomplish it much better. Besides a picture is worth a thousand words.

Best Regards,
TerryO

My problem is that I am so much interested in these, that I would like to see the whole speaker bafle and even more that that, I woudld love to have at least a link to the original web page. It would be fun to read what are the poster's thoughts about the speaker, why was it shown/posted here etc.
Post 1802 contains a picture, it.s address is https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/c5/1d/cdc51d7d525140e6eb937511c884bb92.jpg That is just a media storage, I have no clue of where to go... gainphile is the opener of this thread, so I am just nagging here. But otherwise this is a marvellous thread!

Please do like this
Whisper XDS | Legacy Audio - Building the World's Finest Audio Systems (the original web page and a picture link)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Here a link to Stereophile web page, test of Whisper http://www.stereophile.com/content/legacy-audio-whisper-loudspeaker-measurements#8o47q2Aq650rAP5q.97 Measurements reveal obvious problems in continuity of radiation pattern, but it still gives rather good room response.

Last edited:
OB w/ AE15 W22EX and AMT

W22EX is clamped between x og baffle (ss steel & corian)
Tweeter is Mark & Daniel Dreams 4. Upper frame has damping pads lining.

Attachments

• prøveoppst.jpg
    prøveoppst.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,939
  • mkm t1.jpg
    mkm t1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 481
  • binding.jpg
    binding.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 579
  • rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 555
  • mbaff.jpg
    mbaff.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 620
  • hekk.jpg
    hekk.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 674
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 679
  • bakopp.jpg
    bakopp.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 745
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,934
Last edited:
12312065_10206531616668016_46269787_n_zps8srful78.jpg

Hi everyone, I built these based on lampizator p17 OBs. xover is lampizators. Being in New Zealand Saba greencones and altecs are expensive so I sourced out Plessy 5x7 midbass, Philips paper tweeter and philips 12 inch woofers. the baffles are covered in polar fleece to eliminate diffraction. they are very good imo. the orange amp is my tda2030a chip amp btw.

Hi Godzilla,

You could try also not to putt the driver in the midle of the bafle plan but asymetrical .

There are also so round plate for TV with teflon mecanism (allow also some vibration isolation f=from the bass cabinet ?) for allow you to steup with precision the horizontal orientation towards the listening position.

12312065_10206531616668016_46269787_n_zps8srful78.jpg

Hi everyone, I built these based on lampizator p17 OBs. xover is lampizators. Being in New Zealand Saba greencones and altecs are expensive so I sourced out Plessy 5x7 midbass, Philips paper tweeter and philips 12 inch woofers. the baffles are covered in polar fleece to eliminate diffraction. they are very good imo. the orange amp is my tda2030a chip amp btw.

Nice! In this video you will see my Hybrid OB Bookshelf being tested and fine tuned at my cousin's listening room in his house. But, being used as temporary speaker stands is a pair of Lampizator's Endorphin P-21 OB speakers. BTW, the P-21 sound amazingly good. The woofer on those is 15" Magnavox, the mid is an 8" Saba Greencone, and the tweeter is an oval paper tweeter (don't know the brand).

Latest creation:

Fostex T500mkII/FE203En-S, Acoustic Elegance Dipole15

YAOBS #2 by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

Young Gun Silver Fox by Morten Teinum, on Flickr

Hello, I've been curious for a while about bullet horn style tweeters, as compared to planars, or regular horn loaded compression tweeters.
The madisound site's information merely says this model sounds less unpleasant than other similar tweeters.
What's your opinion of these?