Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

is too high even if it were in parts. To be 10 times that is just the audio industry getting silly. Still, if someone is paying it, then there will always be a seller.

Not that strange considering that the speaker is first and foremost art, and a loudspeaker secondly. There is always someone willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for good looking art =)

When looking at the pictures you notice lots of small things they could do that would improve the speaker, probably due to looks.

Good marketing is important. And of course the product should have some properties to support the claims.

Perfect8 SSD = laminated glass, high damping factor
perferct dipole = goodish with well known bottlenecks and limitations

The Point dispersion is shown at their website, typical problem around 2-4kHz exist, top end has typical monopole directivity pattern. Sub100Hz is handled by sub of some kind.

The Force will suffer from it's side-by side W/T arrangement and propably loosing dipole function even lower.

Attachments

• point dir spl.png
    point dir spl.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,202
Hi Juhazi,

The point is what i try to describe in the 300 hz OB woofer thread but with a Neo 10 instead of The 7" below the tweet ribbon !

Plexi and glass are good for bass damping... but is it for the medium baffle ? Great Look... and like too the plywood chair...is it an absorber of WAF or a difusor of WATT ?!

The Kryon Kronos Iron Clothes is perfect for WAF... after a hard day of work I think our wives should love to listen the Nutscracker with it ! There is a danger she want to use it to plan the carpet !

Last edited:
$27,500 is too high even if it were $7000 in parts. To be 10 times that is just the audio industry getting silly. Still, if someone is paying it, then there will always be a seller.
The Point from Perfect 8 is 120.000 dollar, and the bass is not dipole.
The Daudio W1 is 8750 euro (2790 as kit), and is 100% dipole

So it is possible the buy or build an Ultimate Open Baffle for a reasonable price

We do have measurements of de Daudio W1. And of course they are horizontal for all frequencies. But that's just one part of a speaker. How the speaker react in you room is more important. Thereby we can deliver the mid driver in 2 variations. One has the best measurement and the other in sounding more natural. We love the natural sounding version.

So what I want to say is that you have to listen to this speaker and then you will understand what I mean.

I you want a picture of the measurement you can send an email to info@daudio.nl

My simple contribution

• Drivers are Fostex FX120 and Eminence Alpha 15
  • Active crossover using a minidsp 2×4
  • Asymetrical crossover at 300Hz 2nd order LR and 500 Hz 2nd order Bessel; 6db bass boost;
  • Drivers connected in phase
  • Baffle size is 510 x 950 mm; beech wood 26mm, braced on the back using 40×40 mm beams
  • Designed using MJK licensed calculation models
  • Bi-Amplification using my Bob Latino Dynaco ST70 tube amplifier for the extended range driver and my LM3886 chipamp for the bass.

20131211-192718.jpg

Last edited:
Saba green cones OB

The photos are not so good.
But they sound awesome.
Build about 10 pairs like these.
Also in steel and wood, next in line is granite.
And they are for sale of course, not for 28000$ or whatever ridiculous price I just saw. There is also a Ripole sub with the system.
Personally I do not think it is necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 920
  • IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,230
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 2,295
My 'Baffled Danes' - started out as a take on Troels OBL-11 but were hijacked by Saba, after much crossover tweaking and various treatments - driver coating, basket damping, EnABL, homemade phase plugs - all in attempt to eliminate some nasty resonances - I really like the sound, still some annoying minor resonance really only audible on string instruments, occasionally also on high piano notes when struck hard, but overall by far the best speakers I have owned, I have just ordered some BG Neo 3 tweeters to try out....if they don't work in this design I have pair of NOS Seas 21TV to try something new....

Attachments

• IMAG1056.jpg
    IMAG1056.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 2,473
desk top OB's

made out of glass, 300 x 300 x 10mm. Rest is 3mm stainless steel. the wiring is solid silver. Sound surprisingly good and with a descent amount of bass, probably because they're on the floor. Driver is a Chinese full range of about 30$. Worth every penny.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 2,267
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 2,203
  • IMG_1366.JPG
    IMG_1366.JPG
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,920
  • IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG