Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

My approach to open baffle - ultimate simplicity:)
JeLabs style baffles with Visatons B200 (now with phase plugs). They sound stunning with my tube gear.

Attachments

• My OB.jpg
    My OB.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 4,034
3 way active with Manger above 500Hz

Hi all,

Here are a couple of pics of my latest development.

I slightly damaged a Manger driver ( over driven at party due to 300Hz instead of 500 Hz crossover ) back in Feb and only just got round to replacing it. I could hear a rough sounding " resonance " in the treble but only at high SPL so I did not think it was a full blown driver.
However it must have been causing a lot of problems, the new driver really makes a huge difference.

I have been experimenting with crossover slopes using a battery powered DEQX also tried a 12' low mid Vs the 15' low mid.
Overall I am delighted.
The Manger suspension system is very cool and while I no longer get the 3 dB to 4dB SPL boost from the big horns, the whole system is now very high WAF and really will look great once I seal the backs with black reticulated open cell foam and paint the cabinets.

Suspended Manger

Hi Stig Erik,

It's really, really good...!
Petra and I both agree this is the best system we have ever experienced.
There is a naturalness to the sound that makes all types of music fun and exciting. High quality sources are actually surprising me.
What I mean is I am hearing details and understanding music and soundtracks for the first time. Even material I have listened to for years both for pleasure and my test disks are actually sounding fresh and I am discovering more real music in the old material.
Also low quality sources are still great fun, playing MTV from an HD SKY box is superb! I have actually gone out and bought two Kings of Leon CD's and a Killers CD because of a KOL Vs The Killers MTV set...!
The bottom line with the Manger is the big horns were good, but this is better...

Thanks to both you and Michael, the beers are on me!

Cheers

Derek.