Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Does anyone know story behind this build?

6937ec35f6e033da8f06db6286ff534b.jpg
Yes, perhaps I can shed some light on this.
It is three TD15H mounted by the magnet on a pole. The baffle has no contact with the woofers at all.
The line array is a focused array consisting of 16 EAD E60.

Here's the complete story about the OB woofers up till now. Nowadays I'm trying to evolve the AMT, you can see the first attempt to the left in the picture (the black square on a separate stand).

Two way

:) This is my first 2way speaker based on an old paper made
by Patrick j.Snyder paper no.1307
Is a work around a low cost 20cm diameter pa woofer
and a tweeter vifa
The cross over is based on ALLEN.B guide (many thanks :D)

Attachments

• diffusoreBR-B-1.jpg
    diffusoreBR-B-1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,741
  • diffusore-completo.JPG
    diffusore-completo.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 1,735
  • diffusore-completo-griglia.JPG
    diffusore-completo-griglia.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,707
Last edited:
First post ever on diyAudio

Hi! I thought I would share a couple of pics and a bit of info about a new open baffle speaker model that was launched recently by my very fresh company oido audio:
oido-left-logo.jpg
oido-night-logo.jpg

The drivers are AE dipole 18 bass, EMS LB12EX field coil full range and Mundorf AMT dipole tweeter.
I guess the major selling point with these speakers, besides the general advantages with open baffle, is the small (in open baffle terms) size of the baffle combined with large surface area drivers. This gives you a very "sudden impact" of sound from transients in the whole sound spectrum, which I think is a great thing, from a speaker that is not huge.
The full range driver is used as a wide range, between 150 and 10 000 Hz, resulting in a very natural, relaxed and stable reproduction of the human voice and acoustical instruments, while sparing it the duty of bass and ultimate treble extension.

Attachments

• oido-left-logo.jpg
    oido-left-logo.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 1,876
  • oido-night-logo.jpg
    oido-night-logo.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 1,669
Hello everyone. I want to ask here about an idea that ocurred to a friend of mine while helping me figure out ways to deal with bass in open baffle speakers, room interaction and keeping bass "boxless". I have built a prototype using 2 alpha 15a drivers in a baffle, an open frame on the back and wrapping that frame around with a blanket of felt material. The idea is to create some delay between the front and back wave of the speaker but using some kind of non resonant, "breathing" material that can allow the use of smaller baffles and or lower QTS drivers and also help dissipate part of the signal that can reflect on the rear walls and eventually get to my listening position. I made a test wrapping only the right channel and did a mono test. The image went inmediately to that side and the bass increased noticeably compared to the left speaker. and no strange sounds or noises are present...opinions??

Last edited: