Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Hi,
With two drivers, have you try this design :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

H frame, Alpha15A mounting back to back Xo 175 hz 12db, in this case front wave and rear wave are the same. Distance to rear wall 50 cm..

Mesurement :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Red is predict, black is mesurement at 3,5 m (listening point).
I build several OB, U and H with one or two drivers, and I agree one driver works better than two in "classical" design.
To understand this, you must mesure front and rear wave, and compare.
Generally rear wave show a very big hump at lowmid.
Phil.
Hello. Very good looking design. Are the full rangers in a sealed enclosure?
Also, are they mounted on springs to decouple them from the bass array?
Recently, I tried a pair of little Aucharms in sealed 7 litre cabinets with my H frame sub, and liked it a lot.
Dipole bass goes well with everything, it seems.🔊

Hi,
Hello. Very good looking design. Are the full rangers in a sealed enclosure?
No, it's I called DAD (Dual Acoustic Dipole) :

More about :
http://www.baieaudio.com/dipole_acoustique_double/DAD.pdf
I have never seen such speakers ?
Also, are they mounted on springs to decouple them from the bass array?
Yes..

Recently, I tried a pair of little Aucharms in sealed 7 litre cabinets with my H frame sub, and liked it a lot.
Dipole bass goes well with everything, it seems.🔊
I agree, it's works with all !

Phil.

Markaudio 12P

These are off centred on a pair of 18x24" , 1/4" thick Optix panes, then screwed to frame with a rubber grommet between baffle and frame.
Not noticable on compact disc, but with vinyl, detail goes away a bit when run without filtering deep bass away , and actively directing it to a sub.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 1,830
Thanks!

There are 8pcs of the GPA 515C in each speaker. Slot compression is quite high.

The assembly sandwich in the middle, where the speakers are mounted, are made out of 6x(nearly)1" layers of high grade plywood. They total assembly weighs in at more than 220kgs.

A section of the construction drawing:

276403d1409647630-horny-kid-kidslob-assy.jpg

lol.. sorry I had been so busy. I'll post it in the project thread 'R16' this weekend. So simple, just 2 notches and 1.5khz xo. There is a third notch which I can't decide whether correct or not.

Hah, awesome. I'll keep an eye on your page for when you update it. It's just so irresistibly easy to try completely new xos with this easy switchable config on the 10x10.

The mains I'm using now aren't OB, they're more like the Econowave, but with the round waveguide, looks a lot like the one you posted a drawing of in your Econowave writeup, but didn't try. I won't mess up the OB thread posting them here, but I am quite curious to hear that tweeter as you do, due to your experience with it.