Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

I think that speaker looks dumb.

We'll tally your vote in the objective column, as that's certainly a fact.
Now are there any "subjective" opinions?
:D

The basic idea of a minimal structure is probably a good one, but classic beauty is obviously not one of the design objectives. FWIW, I think the Hanson speakers are worse, maybe "the" worst...other than some of my DIY attempts.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
heck, I like to be 'openminded', until proven wrong

someone, please post a new speaker design so we can get away from this 'sinful thinking' :p

whatever
I'm now listening to a 15" dipole omni woofer
with a 10" and 2" in some sort of 2.5way Xover, simple
very cheap stuff, but works surpricingly well
woofers in that 'speaker' looks kind of like a vertical omni to me

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
anybody posted these already?

Attachments

• sb-afp10.jpg
    sb-afp10.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,468
  • sb-afp100.jpg
    sb-afp100.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,470
  • sb-afp1000.jpg
    sb-afp1000.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,408
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hello,

Between H frame and OB, between Eminence Alpha 15 and Tangbang ...i design a U frame with woofer Fane Sovereign 15-250 ,and with full range Monacor SPH-60X. Price surprisly low as the bass responce and the reality of the voice. The filter 6dB/o use 2 components 12mH low pass for the woofer at 150hz and 68µF high pass at 200hz for the full range. I try to send you image.

Regards

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
NOLA Baby Grand

OB mid/high with enclosed LF.

Nola Baby Grand Reference (£42,995)
These stand 1.57m high and have a totally open baffle for four alnico magnet-powered midrange cones and four ribbon tweeters. Only the two 9in magnesium bass drivers get a cabinet behind them. The Xtreme passive crossover is housed in a separate but equally shiny veneered box.

Read more: Show report: National Audio Show 2009 pt7 - AVReview News and comment

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Jaz