Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Joined 2006
Paid Member
This should be well known by now.

GR-Research OB

102_1861.jpg

Those 4x 15" bass must sound awesome.

Hmmmm........ I don't see that one at the GR web-site any longer. To bad because it looks to be a worthy piece of gear. Of course if I really wanted to build something like that I'd just knock together my own version anyway. That way I could spend the next couple of years and twice as much $$$ to get it running right!

Hmmmm........ I don't see that one at the GR web-site any longer. To bad because it looks to be a worthy piece of gear. Of course if I really wanted to build something like that I'd just knock together my own version anyway. That way I could spend the next couple of years and twice as much $$$ to get it running right!

It's still available, it hasn't made it to the website yet. I built a pair (V1) and it is an oustanding speaker, I love it! Here's a pic of mine:

index.php

index.php

Best,
Ed

My WAF friendly OBs solid Camphour Laurel 65mm thick, Pioneer B20 with camphour laurel phase plugs and Dayton tweeter, 2x15in subs in the corner give them some help in the lower frequencies.
IMGP2184.jpg

IMGP2021s.gif

Upstairs system
sides are 70mm thick Victorian Ash with MDF baffle, soon to be covered in black fabric, 2x15in GRS woofers per side do suprisingly well considering their price very tight clear bass, Tang Band W4 1337 handles the important parts of the frequency band and a Dayton tweeter handles 8500Hz and up.
These will be offered for sale once I've sorted the crossover.
IMGP2185.jpg

That's a B&C woofer, am I right? How does it work on this baffle?

Yes it is. 15NDL76. As far as making bass, not well at all. Midbass though, great! Takes twice the EQ of the AE Dipole 15 to get half the results, but that's OK cause it blends well with the Rythmiks. Once I decided on using the Rythmik servos with the project, I wanted to get rid of the AE Dipole 15s. No sense using them from only 60-300Hz.

Greg

I have a small question. Is it possible to us a half sphere for an open baffle project?
I've seen some spherical speakers made from ikea bowls wich looked great to be honest for the cost. I plan on doing the same thing but i'm an open baffle adept(for now atleast).

Thank you and sorry for being off-topic.