Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

Hi @Stanislav,

thank you for the reply. The cross-over is actually at about 500 Hz. But, I saw open baffle (if the term is still applicable), that have exactly this combination, in fact I discussed this with @Pano.

Hi @Daihedz,

thank you for the information. As I researched it, this was one suggestion, the other one was to drill a small hole in the dust cup and use a small pick. I was also wondering, since the driver is vented, whether I could use a positive pressure through the vent.

Hi @Juhazi,

thank you for the reply. Actually, since I listen mostly to classical, I used that for the initial listening (Tchaikovskij, Bach, Morricone). And, yes, the feeling of space is what I was trying to describe so in-artfully.

Hi @SBA_SLOB_GUY,

Thank you, I can try that. I also have a Heil ATM with a front horn, so it is opened to the rear, so I can try that.

Hi @MITsound,

thank you for the reply. It is not that I do not like it, it is just that it is different form what I heard before. The best, although ridiculous description would be comparing it to the early color movies, wherein the colors were (for me unnaturally) vivid.

I have constructed the baffle to easily add extension, so I will play with that plus different cross-over point, equalization, etc.

Kindest regards,

M

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi @mordikai,

I appreciate the use of various screws, nuts and bolts to secure your woofers. I employ the same technique to take advantage of the different resonant frequencies of the various fasteners; This is often over looked, well done!
ROTFLMAO, this is completely unintentional; I ran out of the socket head screws of the correct length..

Kindest regards,

M

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users
It is not that I do not like it, it is just that it is different form what I heard before. The best, although ridiculous description would be comparing it to the early color movies, wherein the colors were (for me unnaturally) vivid.

Kindest regards,

M
I didn't expect it to work (and it didn't, through several attempts over the years), but the reason I went to open baffles was finding things lacking and things added from conventional cabinet or transmission line speakers.
I think I fully agree with you it sounds different; in my case it's finally what I was after. So far. I've had many speakers I thought were "it" speakers for me in the past.
Hopefully I won't be getting the urge for making more sawdust any time soon.
Or at least cleaning it up.