Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

CLS: Exactly, I´ve seen and heard Petters multicells IRL and that inspired me to build a pair myself. The construction techniques are pretty much the same but mine are much smaller, the wood I had was pre-cut in 12x12" squares. Drivers are Eminence PSD2002.

The SP12B drivers sound quite good in OB but I´m looking for something bigger. The MkI version used AcoustoPro 15" drivers that in some aspects sounded better (and worse in others). Dual SP12B per channel would be nice also but those drivers seem quite rare in my country.

Last edited:
One of my top three for visual impact:
You can see more about construction and building of ErikM's system here.

Attachments

• karlson_glass.jpg
    karlson_glass.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 2,907
>>> I did not hear anything that would give me an incentive to investigate such drivers or to re-evaluate what I am doing. I was quite surprised to hear the retail prices of around $48,000 for the Feastrex pair and $4,400 for the Lowther pair.

Some may despise fancy mushrooms in an expensive restaurant preferring instead more normal mushrooms on a burger with onions, cheese perhaps. Heck, i just really enjoyed a bowl of Chinese wanton soup and it came free with my meal costing $6.50. A small market will appreciate the time, workmanship, materials and sound of these way too expensive drivers i suppose. But i can't help but believe some might prefer the new TB driver or Fostex among others.

I have begun my open baffle project finally and expect to make progress in the weeks to come.

On a side note, from behind the Feastrex resemble erect nipples. Seeing Nelson's head in the picture spoils the thrill for me.

Godzilla

Outdoor Dipole PA (another):

Outdoor Dipole Audio « Stephen W. Moore

dsc_30851_dxo.jpg
dsc_30852_dxo.jpg

Interesting how he uses the dipole nulls outdoor:

The sound was very good – clear with very rich bass and tone. The dipole woofers functioned beautifully in the outdoors environment. Their “figure 8″ radiation pattern was clearly evident, with null nodes at the sides and full bass response directly in front and back. I noticed several partygoers taking advantage of the null nodes for private conversations, and the buffet tables were also placed in the null node on the other side.