Dear (Spendor's) friends

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, excuse my english, people!
I’d like to know if someone out there got Spendor s5e loudspeakers…Allthough there are a few quality amplifiers (over 100watt) that can drive the speakers succesfully, I’ve got always an unsatisfying feeling… Probably because I miss the warm and rich sound that usually tubes create. So I would like to change direction and experiment a bit in this path…Does anybody is driving this speaker with an integrated tube amplifier? Is he/she satisfied with the results? (87 db isn’t the right sensitivity for a tube integrated amplifier…)
I'd apreciate any specific suggestion...

The Spendor BC1 with an EL34 push-pull amp worked quite well for me for some years. Not the stability of the sonic image one gets with strong solid state amps, but tonally better. However, my amp was a rather cheap one, I am sure there are many kits that are better. Ask in the tube forum.

gas said:
Thanks for the response. You’ re right. Probably I should have put the tread in the tube’s area.

You probably know better than me. What speakers do you have?
(or post your thread if you are getting answers in the tube area, relating to the speakers thread I mean. Is it about a different set of speakers or a different amp?)

I don’t get this, I’m afraid. I have Spendor s5e … My words were : "Does anybody drive this speaker with an integrated tube amplifier?"

I was expecting someone telling “oh yeah, the excellent partner is primaluna dialougue one... or something…” or “forget about it”. I’ m looking for tube amplifiers that have already been tested as combos with this particular speaker ( by real users, not magazine reviewers.)

There is a very active Spendor group on Yahoo. Why not join and post your message there?

gas said:
First of all, excuse my english, people!
I’d like to know if someone out there got Spendor s5e loudspeakers…Allthough there are a few quality amplifiers (over 100watt) that can drive the speakers succesfully, I’ve got always an unsatisfying feeling… Probably because I miss the warm and rich sound that usually tubes create. So I would like to change direction and experiment a bit in this path…Does anybody is driving this speaker with an integrated tube amplifier? Is he/she satisfied with the results? (87 db isn’t the right sensitivity for a tube integrated amplifier…)
I'd apreciate any specific suggestion...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.