Altec A2 VOTT / or how to blow your neighbors away....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ah.........

Ah...........no.

That light was there when I moved in 6 years ago. Just took it down last month 'cause it wasn't very effective in that position.

Did get a couple of freshly re-coned 2225's installed in one of the 210's tho. Big difference. Slowly but surely, it's coming together. Got to stop spending so much $$ on jet skis.......

Re: Ah.........

RacerXtreme said:
Ah...........no.

That light was there when I moved in 6 years ago. Just took it down last month 'cause it wasn't very effective in that position.

Did get a couple of freshly re-coned 2225's installed in one of the 210's tho. Big difference. Slowly but surely, it's coming together. Got to stop spending so much $$ on jet skis.......

Do yourself a BIG favour and invest in some bigger amps.
Phase Linear are going pretty cheap lately.
You don't have to use them flat stick.
Quiet is great too, but the difference it makes having all that available headroom, puts the whole thing in a different league....
All of a sudden, it just turns into hi-fi.
You'll thank yourself later.

BTW: 'tis Woofer with the 4x 2365A's..... from AH that you chatted to earlier. ;)
I clicked your link in the PM, and I ended up here.
I see what you mean about your horns.
Somehow, I don't think a pair of 2365's would fit. :xeye:

Bigger amps ?

Bigger amps ?

Normally I'd agree w/ you, but......... I just don't
need the power as much as I need jet ski parts.

Only sending 50 w/ch into the 2360 / 2446j horns and it's
way more than I need for a 20 by 40 foot garage.

And I've got 3 more JBL horns I haven't even hooked up yet.

Re: Bigger amps ?

RacerXtreme said:
Bigger amps ?

Normally I'd agree w/ you, but......... I just don't
need the power as much as I need jet ski parts.

Only sending 50 w/ch into the 2360 / 2446j horns and it's
way more than I need for a 20 by 40 foot garage.

And I've got 3 more JBL horns I haven't even hooked up yet.
Is that the rated power of the amps, or what you've actually measured at the speaker terminals?

Watts up ?

Hey Cal,

Watttttsssup ?

I had a Hafler 500 years ago........ should have kept it......

Brett:

50 per channel is the rated power of the high freq. amp.

100/ ch. into the mids, and 200 into four 15's in the 210's.

And it's pretty *******' loud. If I start pullin' my stuff out for larger
(maybe outdoor) things, I'm definitely gonna want more horsepower. But 4 now I just don't need it.

Got 4 JBL 4311's out there too (for surround) but with the highs, mids, and lows all horn loaded and they just can't keep up.

Kinda wish I had kept a pair of Maggies (Magnepan) for contrasting styles and the bizarro- factor. 'Bought a set of the three-panel Tympani's years ago for something like 12 or 1400 bucks. At that time, they were around 4 grand new.

Sensitivity was something like 85db @ 1w, 1m. You had to have a lot of power just to get them going. Whole different world tho.........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.