Posting of free book chapters - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2008, 08:17 PM   #1
gedlee is offline gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Posting of free book chapters

As I suggested I would, I have started to post chapters from my book on Home Theater. These are free and can be found at www.gedlee.com under "HT book".

Enjoy

(PS OT - anybody know why I can't seem to update my nav buttons from Frontpage?)
Old 1st May 2008, 08:26 PM   #2
MaVo is offline MaVo  Germany
diyAudio Member

thanks
Old 1st May 2008, 08:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'll update with new chapters as I review them. I want to add the new material that I have learned since the book was printed.
Old 1st May 2008, 09:07 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the preview. I have your book "Audio Transducers" and it is an enjoyable read to say the least. You mentioned you have learned more: are you intending to release a new edition of the Home Theater book, or will you solely share this content on your site? If it is the former, I will hold off on purchasing it until then.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:02 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I will not redo Home Theater. Things change in the video world too fast. (I would have bought HD-DVD - good thing I waited.)

I would like to do another book on Audio System Design for Small Rooms, but I don't know if this will happen.

When I did the HT book, I had not completed the Summa and ESP designs and had not developed the techniques for multiple subs. Much of this is discussed here and I might post more of this on the web site. If you haven't read the Summa White Paper (on my web), that is a must. Its been recently updated and for a brief report its about the best source that I know of.
Old 2nd May 2008, 06:45 PM   #6
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gedlee

I will not redo Home Theater. Things change in the video world too fast. (I would have bought HD-DVD - good thing I waited.)

indeed, any text attempting to surf the bleeding edge of new tech will be rendered incomplete overnight.

Quote:

I would like to do another book on Audio System Design for Small Rooms, but I don't know if this will happen.

for many of us not infected (or perhaps recovering from ) the HT virus, this could be eminently helpful

thanks for making the earlier book available, and thanks in advance for considering the latter.

Hide this!Advertise here!