|Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|1st May 2008, 07:12 PM||#1|
1.5" - 2" full range weather resistant speaker?
...Looking for a rather specialized driver. Right now I'm using some car stereo tweeters with a passive inline crossover, but they're rather tinny sounding and only play from 3k on up.
I'm looking to cover most of the midrange and as much treble as possible but if it rolls off at 15K I'm OK with that.
It needs to be:
1) weatherproof- it won't be outside all the time, but if it gets rained on, it shouldn't hurt it.
2) have decent power handling (20 watts is a good estimate for this size I believe) and efficiency- I need it to play fairly loud.
3) relatively cheap (this isn't exactly a hi-fi project)
4) Hopefully available with a grille.
5) Surface mount, or if flush mounted, relatively shallow.
I've looked at extended range speakers from Madisound, like this Aurasound unit which is almost what I'm looking for but it's kind of ugly and I don't know how weatherproof it is, though it does have a titanium dome/cone.
Any other suggestions?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Favorite Threads and Posts in "Full Range"||Variac||Full Range||11||14th July 2014 06:00 AM|
|New 8" full range speaker from L CAO||HighVividity||Vendor's Bazaar||40||8th February 2009 11:21 AM|
|8-12" Bass reflex Full range Corner speaker (mono)||Howismydriving||Full Range||2||23rd October 2005 07:50 AM|
|4" full range for drive-in speaker...||imix500||Full Range||14||13th July 2005 11:12 PM|
|Kofi Annan in: "Flippin' the Full Range!"||Kofi Annan||Full Range||14||1st June 2005 03:07 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|