2 way xoover for scan speak 18w4531 and D2904/7100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the 18W4531 and the R2904/70000.

I used Tony Gee's Optimo XO in a reflex box. It was not much better that the AOS Studio 35BR that I was not happy with.

I am building the Optimo TL cabinets as we speak. Work and wedding plans are interfering though. I am expecting a totally different result. The TL should add to the midrange quality also.

Old BR cabs:

studio35xl.jpg

TL cabs in progress:

optimoside.jpg

Without modelling it, shouldn't be too far off and might just have to tweak L1, R3, R1. I don't know the difference in behaviour of these tweeters even though the specs look similar.

Should work OK in TL or BR IMO but as with all crossovers, they need final tweaking.

Rabbitz: Thanks I will bear that in mind, but I already have a set of AOS designed BR crossovers, as well as a pair of Tony Gee's Optimo crossovers. The bass reflex cabs are already being used with different drivers (with a good result), and I have nearly completed my TL cabs for the Scanspeak drivers. I will let you know the results.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.