Need Specs for Jaycar 8" Cabon Fibre 8 ohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need Specs for Jaycar 8" Cabon Fibre 8 ohm

Hi All member of this great forum,

I recently bought some 8" carbon fibre that have been discontinue at a gr8 price. Only problem is I got not specs on them.

I checked on the old 2005 jaycar catalog. I think it on the 2004 though, which my mum has thrown out.
If anyone still has the detail. pls reply, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, Iv'e smoked the response carbon fibre 6.5"s the 10"s and the 12"s. I was always supprised because when you look at the size of the magnets and the voice coils you'd think they would handle alot more power.

Once, a friend smoked his 12" that he was using as a sub in his car, he went and got another identical driver and it wouldn't fit in the box, when he measured the frame was a slightly larger diameter! He had to work the hole in the sub out with a file.

I think they discontinued the line because of people smoking them all the time.

Anyone tried any of the new ones out of the 2008 catalogue, they look quite fancy. I'm wondering if they are being made by Eminence, there is some mention of them being custom made to order from the US (i think).

coolguy said:
Thanks for the reply Col, however. Links doesn't work,

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gradds55/jaycarbon8.jpg

Give me 404 error when I click on the link.

Speaker I got are the home theatre one 8 ohms. Not the car type.
Model No: CW2142 RESPONSE

Whoops, me bad..
I was doing some web site tidying and removed it !! Sorry !!:xeye:

Anyway, should work now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.