Any Problems with Hovland Musicaps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well,
I have a couple of Musicaps that, after mounting and then removing from test crossover boards, measure as "open" circuits.

I'm not sure how/why this occured, as I didn't subject them to rough handling; furthermore, the large Solen Fast Caps(also stranded leads) removed from the same mountings are fine. The Hovlands look fine, physically- they just don't work.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had or heard of similar problem(s)...

-Chas

Replacements received

The replacements came a few days ago and these new HOVLAND caps are great. One change I noticed is the new caps have red and green leads(the old ones were clear with a colored stripe) which have a better seal.

The resolution of fine detail and clarity is distinctly better than the SOLEN and AEON caps they replace in my crossover. Used with the VIFA XT25 bells have a sharp attack with a "glow" about their ring and cymbals have a delicate shimmer that doesn't sound like white noise anymore.

I can't imagine a better tweeter cap than these! :D

-chas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.