Help me pick some new bookshelves

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I want new bookshelves, I currently have the B&W 685. They sound very good and very clear with a precise sound. But I'm looking for a high-output bookshelf that I can push harder, get louder, and stays clear with precise sound. So I ran across the Seas Odin MK3 kit and it seems to fit my needs looking at the specs, but I can't hear them before buying them:(...

How would you compare the B&W 685 to the Seas Odin MK3, in other word, is it worth it, will i see some huge improvements? Is there something else I should consider?

btw it will be powered by a xti-1000; 275rms@8ohm, 500rms@4ohm and 700rms@2ohm

thx

Well. Odin MK3 uses some of the best drivers on the market and I personally never liked B&W.
Based on the design, it should blow 685 away. It's just not in the same category unless you believe press and commercials. It is however and expensive chance to take. From what I know, some people absolutely love this kit and some don't. It's hard to say without listening.
Personally, I would take the chance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.