A.O.S - Any experience? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th April 2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Keltern is offline Keltern  Norway
diyAudio Member

Default A.O.S - Any experience?

Hi musiclovers!

I recently fell in love.. with a speaker called A.O.S STUDIO 100 TL - ATC. I haven't heard it though, so this might seem a bit wrong, but I have a huge fascination of TL-speakers. And this is a TL!

http://www.aos-lautsprecher.de/english/mainE.html

Has anybody heard this one, or one of the other sold by A.O.S? It's costly, but seems to be a good construction..

Best regards for a drewling noob..
Old 24th April 2008, 01:43 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you contact Axel at AOS (great guy), he can put you in touch with customers who act as demo points. There are not any in Norway at the moment, but you can email any of them for opinions and descriptions. If you decide to go ahead with this, you can choose to act as a demo point yourself and receive a useful 20% discount.

I built the Studio 12XL. It was top quality.
Old 24th April 2008, 11:17 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Nice presentation on the german side of the site too.
Old 1st September 2008, 06:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default AOS STUDIO 100 XL kits

Iím looking for transmission line speakers to replace my IMF TLS50ís and considered the A.O.S. STUDIO 100 XL kits

I have not had the chance to listen to these built. If anyone can offer a comment especially those who have got/heard transmission lines or owners of the STUDIO 100 XL.
:whazzat:
Old 6th December 2010, 01:26 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltern View Post
Hi musiclovers!

I recently fell in love.. with a speaker called A.O.S STUDIO 100 TL - ATC. I haven't heard it though, so this might seem a bit wrong, but I have a huge fascination of TL-speakers. And this is a TL!

http://www.aos-lautsprecher.de/english/mainE.html

Has anybody heard this one, or one of the other sold by A.O.S? It's costly, but seems to be a good construction..

Best regards for a drewling noob..
link not working?
And if you didn't hear these what did you fall in love with?
Good day,
Old 6th December 2010, 01:31 PM   #6
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noSmoking View Post
link not working?

Try this one Scan-Speak
Old 7th December 2010, 04:31 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default STUDIO 100 TL

I have purchased the A.O.S STUDIO 100 TL XL kit from Axel 18 months ago and built them in here Australia (not Austria).
Before buying I did not have the opportunity to hear them. I made my decision based on Axelís knowledge, history and understanding of TLís from way back and from an owner of and earlier model of the STUDIO 100 TL in the UK.

I own a pair of IMF TLS50ís and wanted a faster TL speaker with more power handling (6db). I got more than I wanted they sound fantastic. Fast and detailed with that beautiful open TL base sound. I run a good 250 watt amp that does very well but the speakers will perform better with more power/control.

The XL has the ScanSpeak R2904/700000 tweeter with the modified rectangular faceplate. The crossover was the series with the upgraded Clarity capacitors.

There are new designs using the ATC midrange and a concentric ScanSpeak tweeter midrange on the German website (no English yet) Scan-Speak

Good luck in your pursuits - Full Octave
Old 8th December 2010, 02:06 AM   #8
quasi is offline quasi  Australia
diyAudio Member

I helped Full Octave build his AOS Transmission lines from Axel's kit and had another listen last night (beer provided).

The AOS have a really controlled output and not subject to the "midrange flaring" that I often hear on other systems. Where they really shine is in how they handle complex passages and of course the effortless bass.

Construction is moderately complex so set aside plenty of time (maybe a winter project?) and do not skimp on the designers recommendations.

Specs have the sensitivity around 90dB @ 1 watt / 1 metre and they can take heaps of power. They were running on a stereo Nmos350 delivering around 240 watts per channel (8 ohms) and are currently running on a Bryston with slightly more power while the Nmos gets upgraded.

If you can part with the coin and have time then I fully recommend them.

Full Octave took some photo's during the construction so with sufficient begging may post here.

Cheers
Quasi

Last edited by quasi; 8th December 2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12th January 2011, 05:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default How much does the kit cost

How much does the kit cost and do you have any pictures of the completed project ?
Old 12th January 2011, 10:38 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Octave View Post
I have purchased the A.O.S STUDIO 100 TL XL kit from Axel 18 months ago and built them in here Australia (not Austria).
Before buying I did not have the opportunity to hear them. I made my decision based on Axelís knowledge, history and understanding of TLís from way back and from an owner of and earlier model of the STUDIO 100 TL in the UK.

I own a pair of IMF TLS50ís and wanted a faster TL speaker with more power handling (6db). I got more than I wanted they sound fantastic. Fast and detailed with that beautiful open TL base sound. I run a good 250 watt amp that does very well but the speakers will perform better with more power/control.

The XL has the ScanSpeak R2904/700000 tweeter with the modified rectangular faceplate. The crossover was the series with the upgraded Clarity capacitors.

There are new designs using the ATC midrange and a concentric ScanSpeak tweeter midrange on the German website (no English yet) Scan-Speak

Good luck in your pursuits - Full Octave
Do not suppose you live in Melbourne ?

Hide this!Advertise here!