Zaph, 36mm Forstner Bit...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
36mm Carbide Forsner bit

Not cheap, but, if I was going to make more than a few pairs of speakers with the ND20 tweeter I guess I'd get one? (if the fit would be snug but not too tight to fit)

Attachments

• 36mm carbide forstner.jpg
    36mm carbide forstner.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 278
Congrats, that's the first 36mm I'm seen. That should be perfect. But, I'd have to be mounting about 100 of these to make that bit worthwhile. (Anyone building a line array with these tweeters, take note) But for the average guy, a cheaper 1-7/16 is better. I've got a 1-3/8" that works but is a little sanding intensive.

If you knew someone with a lathe, it's literally a 2 minute job to just turn the major diameter of an oversized, imperial forstner bit down to spec. A viable, cheaper, and faster route of going.

Heck, depending on the type of forstner you have, you can run a file along it while it rotates at a low speed in your drill press; effectively turning it down to whatever diameter you desire. Just clean up the teeth and chip removers with some small needle files when you're done!
;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.