BSC appropriate for this speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I was wondering if BSC would help this speaker or if I have a different problem.

Both speakers are about 2 feet from the back wall and the room is about 12x15' in size.

Here is the nearfield measurement with port response:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the the response of each speaker at 1m away:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is the measured response around the listening position with both speakers playing. There's a peak at 50Hz, which I think is a result of room resonance (correct me if I'm wrong.) Also included is the response of my TimeWindow 3 speakers at the same location (in pink.)

If my problem is something else entirely please let me know. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the comments guys. The measurements are all in the room these speakers will be in, so the rollercoaster response is probably due to all the reflections from the furniture in the room and walls. I'm sure they would be smoother outside or in an anechoic chamber, but I wanted an idea of how they would actually perform.

The response looks nice until 500Hz, which corresponds to the 9" speaker baffle. After that it goes down hill.

I'm looking at adding BSC because the sound is thin when you listen to them in the room, mainly due to the accentuated midrange and HF response. The near field response looks great otherwise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.