Calling All Orion Owners!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everybody,

I post here to try and help get you support to start up an Orion owners circle on AudioCircle. I like to post around here, but I also enjoy the AudioCircle site, and if there is enough interest, we will be able to have our own circle. I am aware of the current Orion forum, but it is fairly dead, as the moderation is tight. What I am hoping to do is have a more open, and friendlier place where we can discuss things like modifications, and help others out with simple modifications. If you are reading this, but not an Orion owner, feel free to come over and post your support. Maybe once the circle gets set up we can convince you to get a nice pair of the Orions.

Come and show you support of such a lovely speaker.

Orion Circle Thread

Thanks,
West

Cost

Mr. Linkwitz is always finding little ways to improve the speaker. Luckily they are always pretty cheap (i.e. changing driver mounting). The two rear tweeters are now part of the madisound Orion speaker package.

I do understand what you mean about the cost though, although because they are DIY...you really just pay for parts. The instructions are probably the best deal for you money in the audio world.

Madisound also does a very good job of giving discounts on the Orion drivers...only problem being that Seas keeps increasing the prices.

The ATI amp he recommends is also a very cost effective piece of equipment.

I would say that the Orion is definitely the best speaker for you money...if not just the best speaker.

(...wouldn't this be a wonderful thing to discuss in an Orion Circle!!!)

-West

Joined 2004
Paid Member
whubbard said:
I am aware of the current Orion forum, but it is fairly dead, as the moderation is tight. What I am hoping to do is have a more open, and friendlier place where we can discuss things like modifications, and help others out with simple modifications.
You scared of SL making you do your homework? Or the usual 'if you change anything, it's no longer an Orion'? Why not try to work within the system? Either here or Orion Users. I think there are a lot of people who would like to see consolidation rather than scattering of people with ideas and questions.

I don't have Orions (yet?), but I try to tune in to both forums. That's enough already.

An Explanation

I understand your point on consolidating, but I have to say the Orion group is really not the best place, and at some point it should probably be integrated somewhere else. I personally think its a bit of a pain to have to go to another site just to discuss a speaker (as much as I like them), and that the forum should be integrated into a site like AudioCircle.

Also, what I hope to NOT have is people pointing out 'Do you homework,' or...since you modified it, its not an Orion! That’s exactly why I think we need another place to discuss the Orion. For someone looking to build the Orions if he goes to ask a question, but gets replies like "Do your own homework?," its not the best response. Also, to discuss modifications, there should be someplace, and a bunch of random posts in the DiyAudio Loudspeaker section just doesn’t seem right, there really should be a place where this can all be discussed, easily and openly.

What I think it will come down to is that the AudioCircle will be a move friendly place to discuss the Orions, and the group will remain highly technical.

I still think a circle on AudioCircle with an open stance would be a great thing for the Orion speakers.

-West

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.