The Advantages of Floor Coupled Up-Firing Speakers

As I have posted before, I had bought WLM Diva Monitors eventually.

After a few failed attempts at constructing a shorter and wider Shahinian Starter-like speakers. Attempts at cooperation with a few cabinet makers proved to be too difficult. Myself I am no carpenter, and the "diamond" shape in wood is too difficult for an amateur hobbyist.

All in all the conclusion is that all You need is a coaxial monitor. And a fitting stand. No need designing anything new or special.

Neither designing anything really new was ever the point of this thread.

The original title of it was "Loudspeakers and room as a system" and this was discussed.

Last edited:
^^
WLM Diva Monitors are front firing, so how can they be "Floor Coupled Up-Firing Speakers?" Or, are you going to place them up-firing? On a stand?

any coaxial monitor, especially if it's closed or front vented, can be put on its back on the floor et voilà - there You have a floor coupled up-firing speaker

Or You can put it on a fancy stand eg.

0d09f0414b5389e9033718ac50f6

it's an LP storage box

Account disabled at users request
Joined 2020
? What do You mean?

I wanted it outside - it's about the angle and diffraction

If you want the diament shape, meaning the look of the volume, you add strips at the corners inside, you get 8 sided cross section (~ like the WLM Duo). If you want the look of the Shahinian Starter, make the square tall box and cut it at an angle, starting from one corner to the opposite corner.

I've always been fascinated by this thread, so I'm glad to see it's still active. I have a single driver speaker that I'd like to try putting on it's back. It's a big box, very heavy so I may have to wait until I can get some help over the Christmas break, but I'm determined to try this out. It's a single box for mono so I will be trying out this method in mono.

Further thought: Actually, I have some smaller full range speakers (A10.3) but they are BR, vented on the back - maybe I can try those myself sometime soon. They're easy to handle.