My first pair of speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
how do i put in big pics ?

Attachments

• speak.jpg
    speak.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 345
hi doogyscoot, I'm in East Kilbride, I did think about leaving the ply showing but with the build up of paint on the MDF I thought it wouldint look right, I think if I had left the ply sticking out 5 mm then planed it flat to the surface..? maby try it on the next set.

DJMAC said:
Thanks dublin, I dont no much about crossovers and I couldint afford the morel tweeters so managed to get the scanspeak units second hand, I would like to modifiy the crossover to match the scanspeak tweeters but I wouldint no where to start.

I use the hard dome tweeters from Maplin at £4-99 in my disco.
I use 6 in series to get the power handling I need.
These tweeters dont need a crossover.

I would stick the Scans on Ebay, or sell here (Trading Post), you will probably get £50 for them (half price).

A new set of Morels will set you back £75.

For the sake of £30 you will have a proven design and will save yourself a lot of time. You could easily blow £30 by changing XO components over until you find the correct values (which you may never manage).

As I said before, there is no harm in trying the Scans with the crossover that is published, now that you have them.

http://www.lautsprechershop.de/pdf/morel/eltim/york_eng.pdf

P.S. If you want to include large photos put

Thanks dublin, I didint relise I would have to try out possibily lots of different crossover parts, I thought it would be more straight forward than that. I think I might have to use the scanspeak because I'v already cut the holes and the morel is 2mm bigger, Your right should of stuck to the morel for the sake of a few quid.

Hello DJMAC

Yes you are correct - It is difficult to make a neat job of widening the recess for flush mounting.

If you have to, you can. You should make a jig (a hole of the correct size) with another piece of wood and clamp it over; then you can either sand/file up to the jig (at the correct depth), or use the router again with a roller bit (see below) which is more expense, or do the same thing very carefully with a normal bit (still using the jig).

web1862big.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.