Help! May I burn driver this way?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYer,

I cannot burn a speaker/driver continuously and openly without disturbing my family and/or neighbour...

May I burn an open driver (woofer, fullranger, mid-woofer, etc.) while putting it in a closed box? The idea is to heavily reduce the sound coming from it during the burning process...

Thanks,
---
David

Hi Richie,

it will depend on the driver... but I usualy like to use pink and/or white noise... especially for the fullranger or mid-woofer...

does it has any effect to burn using only low frequency wave or full frequency wave on the midwoofer?

Thanks,
---
David

ps. this is late night/morning at my time.. I will logout and sleep after this post... thanks...

Hi Nordic,
Hi BHTX,

I've tried that... but for OB (open baffle) does not work... :)

With Open Baffle sounds emit from the two sides of the driver... put them face to face and wire them with opposite polarity help tame some nasty peaks and work only for low frequency region... about 500Hz above still sounds as loud as usual...

That's why I'm thinking to bolt the two drivers face to face, wire them with opposite polarity then put them inside a closed box...

And there where my question come from... sorry that I did not state it clearly before.... Is it safe to do that? since the drivers then cannot breathe freely... and the box might be smaller or bigger than the driver's VAS (sorry... I'm really have limited knowledge on this... ).... would it have bad effect to the mechanical suspension on the drivers?

Thanks for any inputs...

Regards,
---
David

if you put them face to face wouldn't you want to wire them in phase (with the same polarity), not out of phase (with opposite polarity)? I'm thinking this because if you turn one driver facing opposite the other driver then the first drivers phase is already physically out of phase with the other driver by 180 degrees just because of the physical rotation of the driver. Does this make any sense? Hehe, I can't tell if I am just rambling or if I just am missing some point.

-Justin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.