Help me decide what to build!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a bassplayer and I just sold some PA speakers that I was using in our music room for my stereo -- they were way too big and the time has come to convert it into a guest/music room. The room itself is roughly 10' x 11' and I need to find a design that will put out as detailed bass as I can without breaking the bank. Because I'm only going to be using these at low-medium volume (sorry, don't have any db ranges), and they're only going to be used maybe once or twice a week, I don't really want to spend all that much on them, maybe $200ish? I know, I know, I'm looking for champaign on a beer budget, lol. Because the room is on the smallish side, I also don't want anything too big. Floorstanders are a possibility but definitely not my first choice. I also don't need them to be incredibly deep, detail is more important and much of the time I practice after the kids have gone to bed in the next room. I've built a few bass cabs, some HT surrounds and a center channel, some mains for my parents, etc... all from plans, so I'm not total novice but I don't really have the ability to do any design work, unfortunately I'm not nearly geeky enough to do that. So far, I've checked out Wayne's D3's and Zaph's Zaph's Bargain Aluminum MTM's but the Zaph's seem to have increased a good bit in price since he designed them and I'm concerned that the D3's are not going to have the detail in the bass that I'm looking for. If possible, I'd also like to keep the speakers a bit smaller. Sorry about the blog, any recommendations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.