Velleman K4700

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building this speaker protection circuit and just wondered the purpose of R23, R24, R25 and R26 (see attached diagram) and weather i need to include them.

In the instruction manual (see instructions1) it says to include them if:

If the amplifier to which the module is to be connected has a simple power supply (asymmetrical supply) i.e. an amplifier with output elcos, the following resistances has to be mounted...

My amplifier is a non inverting lm3875 with a regulated 18V 0 -18V power supply so i am guessing it doesnt need these resistors since the supply is symmetrical ?

What confuses me is what elcos mean i thought it might mean electrolytic capacitors? but am unsure. Also my amplifier has 2.2uF non polarised capacitors if this makes any difference.

Hope someone can explain :)

Thanks very much

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 425
Hi

I used the same Velleman K4700 kits in Pass Aleph 2 monoblocs, which have a symmetrical +45V - 0 - 45V power supply, thus meaning that both + and - are 'hot' (see attachment).
I did'nt use the resistors you mentioned, the K4700 works fine.

Attachments

• ale2-pwr.gif
    ale2-pwr.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 354
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.