Hands-on experience driver- Beyma SM110/N

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to purchase this driver and use it as a mid-woofer and x-over at around 1.5-1.7KHz in a 2-way vented system.

Anyone who has any experience with this driver I would appreciate your opinion(any feedback, esp sound quality in mid range and bass end).

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I have the 10LW30 model, which is an SM110 with a revamped design (larger voice coil, neodymium magnet) and am very happy with it. I use it under 4" wide rangers and it is as dynamic as them, at least the two of them mix quite good. What surprises me is that you can actually feel the strings of the bass guitar, so now woosh sound. On the other hand it doesn't go as low as I wish. There is deep bass but it s not like a commercial hifi speaker. If I had a bigger room, I'd consider an additionnal sub with a 12" or 15" driver.

I think the SM110 will behave approximately the same, and the sepcs say it goes even higher, at 3 500 hz. What tweeter will you use with it? I know several design with the SM110 and a 1" compression driver.

kepa1 said:
Hello, I have the 10LW30 model, which is an SM110 with a revamped design (larger voice coil, neodymium magnet) and am very happy with it. I use it under 4" wide rangers and it is as dynamic as them, at least the two of them mix quite good. What surprises me is that you can actually feel the strings of the bass guitar, so now woosh sound. On the other hand it doesn't go as low as I wish. There is deep bass but it s not like a commercial hifi speaker. If I had a bigger room, I'd consider an additionnal sub with a 12" or 15" driver.

I think the SM110 will behave approximately the same, and the sepcs say it goes even higher, at 3 500 hz. What tweeter will you use with it? I know several design with the SM110 and a 1" compression driver.

thanks, do tell me about the your info on this,

"I know several design with the SM110 and a 1" compression driver. "

I am using the B&C compression driver, DE250. do you know any good horn that goes with it?

Well, the DE250 is a highly well regarded compression driver, often compared to its higher priced competitors.
From what I read, the combination with an RCF H100 horn gives excellent results. Of course there are alternatives, like Supravox horn (which goes lower) or wooden models, but they are more expensive.

If you can read French, here are two interesing surveys. One about affordable 1" drivers mounted on a Musique Concrète (=Marco) 501 horn and another dealing with 1" horns combined to the DE250.

kepa1 said:
Well, the DE250 is a highly well regarded compression driver, often compared to its higher priced competitors.
From what I read, the combination with an RCF H100 horn gives excellent results. Of course there are alternatives, like Supravox horn (which goes lower) or wooden models, but they are more expensive.

If you can read French, here are two interesing surveys. One about affordable 1" drivers mounted on a Musique Concrète (=Marco) 501 horn and another dealing with 1" horns combined to the DE250.

Hi,

Thanks, very useful references eventhough I don't understand French, the graphs explain a lot.

JoshK said:
You can also get them at Assistanceaudio.com. Still stateside though.
LOL, I don't know anyone who can ever get him on the phone and he's reluctant to export. I want some Ciare 18's and am considering paying someone in the US to be middleman to get them for me. US Speaker are great, friendly and helpful, and answer emails promptly.

I know several design with the SM110 and a 1" compression driver.

Kepa (and others), I would be as well interested by those designs or eventually some using the 10G40, specially in small enclosure (you can have a look here why), SPecially if they are using a DE250.

If you have some links and hints that you can share, thaat would be great. Merci d'avance.

As well, any opinion on 10G40 vs. SM110/N vs. Monacor SPA-25PA ?... I know, I am trying my luck here ;).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.