help me with Vifa dome midrange please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I need to replace a midrange driver in my Coincident Victory speaker that has a needle-sized hole on the surround of this driver, it's very small and nothing's wrong with the sound but I just want to replace it. It's Vifa 3" dome midrange but I see no number at the back of the driver so I did some search and found that there's Vifa D75MX 41-08 and Vifa D75MX 31-08, so anyone knows what's the differece between 41-08 and 31-08? I don't know what to be used. I did email the manufacturer of Coincident he told me to buy from him but I think there're some of cheaper ones out there.

Thank you in advance guys

I don't know each one either...
maybe they don't manufacture the 31 anymore.
Maybe their (Coincident Victory) OEM mid driver is different, maybe not. Ask them and after that compare their price with the price from the market if it's the same.

http://www.tymphany.com/datasheet/pdf/vf/D75MX-41-08.pdf

Attachments

• vifa d75mx.gif
    vifa d75mx.gif
    53.3 KB · Views: 284
Vifa mx 31

I have listened to the older type (the 31), and have set up mine as a center channel briefly.

My studies of the difference show that the -41 is smoother out to 7K and has less of a peak out there. This should make it easier to cross over.
Given the rather high value of the peak, however does not make the -31 that hard to set up, really, what with tweeters being 2.5-3k crossable!

I will get my orphaned MX-31 somehow to you if you want it.
I blew up its mate years ago, in some accident I foget about.
I have been looking at E-bay to get a single, so that I can work up a three-way stereo set, but really I have enough other projects to do, (and I have some scan dome mids)

In any case, you have an existing crossover, and although there was an even older verson (a mx-30, I believe) chances are very high that coincident used the MX-31

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.