EnABL - Technical discussion - Page 142 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2013, 09:30 PM   #1411
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
You're forgetting the amount of time to do the work...
Which should include all of the practise needed to achieve a product worth selling.

I would have to more than double the amount of surcharge over stock to get the (relatively small) amount i get paid for doing work for my clients in non-audio disciplines. I do it for the love of the hobby.

dave
Old 18th January 2013, 09:47 PM   #1412
jimbro is offline jimbro  United States
diyAudio Member

Giving away your knowledge and expertise is a curious way to create a goldmine. Everything you need to know to enable your own speakers is contained in this thread given FREELY by those who have spent many many hours developing it, including patterns for specific drivers that can be downloaded FOR FREE! Yes, they will enable your speakers for a fee if that's what you want but given the amount of time it takes and the amount of time that was spent to develop the skill to do the fine work produced, it is IMO a very reasonable charge and certainly no get rich plan. Some people!
Old 18th January 2013, 10:08 PM   #1413
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Baby steps...

There are lots of examples where measures, theories, etc are simplified until doing it is possible with existing tech, but far too often the simplification is then used to catagorize the much more complex phenomenom. That is a trap we want to avoid.

dave
hence that makes this ongoing drivel "technical" I guess, eh?
Old 18th January 2013, 10:46 PM   #1414
thalis is offline thalis  Greece
diyAudio Member

Technically, I think what should be done is, except comparing a raw driver with an “enabled” one, to compare the second one with another that has been treated with the same amount of material (paint?) in the same circumference but with a radically different pattern (perhaps with just a few straight lines). Perhaps next week I will be able to perform such experimentation, trying to measure what is happening bellow the -30dB barrier (I have a feeling that if differences are to be found, it is there that they will most likely manifest themselves). Btw, is Blanco eraser a suggested substance for this treatment?
Old 19th January 2013, 02:04 AM   #1415
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

no no no no Tux, we don't have to know anything, we just splash some stuff on a speaker, club one of the conveniently circling sycophants into temporary stupidity and pass off our 1st grade art work as the very height of invention, class, social mobility, and coolth....way better than broccoli. Lots more money and we don't have to deal with digging in the dirt either.

Bud
Old 19th January 2013, 02:13 AM   #1416
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

thalis,

If you are actually interested in looking into this, please come over to this thread.

EnABL - Listening impressions & techniques - diyAudio

We will teach you how to do the very best job we know how to do and even treat you like an adult we have respect for. Then you can go off on any and all tangents you like, though you should probably be aware of this one too.

EnABL Processes large blocks and dots applied

Be happy to discuss whatever you want to discuss.

Bud
Old 19th January 2013, 04:07 AM   #1417
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudP View Post
we don't have to know anything, we just splash some stuff on a speaker, club one of the conveniently circling sycophants into temporary stupidity and pass off our 1st grade art work as the very height of invention, class, social mobility, and coolth
That about sums it up.
Old 19th January 2013, 04:13 AM   #1418
DavidL is offline DavidL  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
So these people are intentionally deceiving the unsuspecting for financial gain? You're a real treat, do you know that? I don't know about other people, but it sure sounds like you're calling them Liars and Cheats that are intentionally ripping people off.
Uhhhhhhhhh well since you put it like that
Old 19th January 2013, 04:18 AM   #1419
Carlp is offline Carlp  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow, so much passion about something that's so apparently meaningless. Dang, fill the bowl again. This show ain't over yet...
Old 19th January 2013, 07:23 PM   #1420
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudP View Post
thalis,

If you are actually interested in looking into this, please come over to this thread.

EnABL - Listening impressions & techniques - diyAudio
** Listening impressions***???? How about **Parameter changes and measurements***
But that wont happen..........My *Impression* is that this is pure snake oil..........but to measure, I would have to hack into someones bank account.

-------------------------------------------------------------Rick.........

Quote:
We will teach you how to do the very best job we know how to do and even treat you like an adult we have respect for. Then you can go off on any and all tangents you like, though you should probably be aware of this one too.

EnABL Processes large blocks and dots applied

Be happy to discuss whatever you want to discuss.

Bud

Hide this!Advertise here!