EnABL - Technical discussion - Page 141 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th January 2013, 12:31 PM   #1401
dlr is offline dlr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
A clear indication that you have no idea what the people who hear a difference (those multitudes suffering from a so-called mass hallucination) are hearing.

This is not a problem that you can take a hammer to.

dave
I understand it quite well, thank you. You missed out on my point, that being that the magnitude of change is orders of magnitude higher since it is easily seen in the measurements of the various tests made. The changes made are not a mystery, are obvious in the standard measurements and primarily shift resonances around. Your statement simply serves to maintain an as-yet-unexplained "mystery" that doesn't exist. There may be some shifting of the linear distortion products as well, but I suspect not in a way to be significant given that the linear distortion present in the treated drivers (as in continued radically non-flat frequency response) remains with its consequent influence on the individual distortion products.

You also seem to forget that I have, many times, stated that a treated driver will show a change in FR and may indeed be audible. If you recall, I was, I believe, the first one to point out an obvious change demonstrated in the earliest measurements that were being described as showing no change, yet with some unexplained "improvement". The mass delusion has nothing to do with change in response, it's in the claims of both the supposed physics that described that changes and in the area of room mode control (a farce by any standard), hand-waving claims of "linearizing" the response and elimination of things which some now say need to tested 40+ db down and others.

Dave

Last edited by dlr; 18th January 2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 18th January 2013, 12:47 PM   #1402
DavidL is offline DavidL  United States
Banned

DLR, you are wasting your breath trying to convince those that are in the BUSINESS of making money off of Enabl. Of course they will defend it as legit.
Old 18th January 2013, 01:01 PM   #1403
jimbro is offline jimbro  United States
diyAudio Member

I believe they're in business because they believe it's legit - not the other way around. These guys are talented enough to make money a variety of ways. The fact that they've spent countless hours explaining how to DIY and offer their services for those of us who, for whatever reason, don't want to do it ourselves says a lot about their integrity IMO.
Old 18th January 2013, 01:09 PM   #1404
dlr is offline dlr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
DLR, you are wasting your breath trying to convince those that are in the BUSINESS of making money off of Enabl. Of course they will defend it as legit.
I have before said and will say again that I do not doubt that a perceivable change occurs when a driver is modified, but not when any immobile part is modified (phase plugs, ports, etc.). I take no issue with that, the measurements made show changes that are well within the range of noticeable change. The fantasy part is in the area of things such as room mode control (as has been claimed), box edges, etc., apart from the physics of the driver itself, a separate issue.

Dave

Last edited by dlr; 18th January 2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 18th January 2013, 04:19 PM   #1405
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So these people are intentionally deceiving the unsuspecting for financial gain? You're a real treat, do you know that? I don't know about other people, but it sure sounds like you're calling them Liars and Cheats that are intentionally ripping people off.

Last edited by TerryO; 18th January 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 18th January 2013, 04:56 PM   #1406
diyAudio Member

Ahem... isn't this going a little over the "heated debate" point?
Old 18th January 2013, 06:03 PM   #1407
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

huh? Trust me, we're just warming the engines.

Bud
Old 18th January 2013, 08:13 PM   #1408
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
Quote:
What a goldmine EnABL has become for its' creator......a small handful of bits of rubber....a dab of Superglue. Seems to me a virtually non-existent "parts cost", no intense engineering required, no outside nor "inside" machining required, transportation costs................Sounds familiar to the Pet Rock from years ago. One trip to a mountain stream & a truck-full of well worn river-rock..........an extremely low "parts" acquisition.
As in both examples, it is the marketing that is the most important. Counting on the full-ranger fanatics intrepid belief of the "superiority" of FR drivers......we have the target market....well 'brainwashed' already.....Like shooting fish in a barrel.

__________________________________________________ ___Rick..............
Old 18th January 2013, 08:24 PM   #1409
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow, bits of rubber and super glue... and a gold mine.... Wow!!!!

Who is this creator? I want to get next to this entity with these God like powers.... a gold mine from bits of rubber and some super glue... forget EnABL!

Bud
Old 18th January 2013, 09:16 PM   #1410
diyAudio Member

Technically I make a normal salary by giving my clients a piece of paper (engineer). Seems I know how to rip off people even better than anyone in this thread.

You're forgetting the amount of time to do the work...

Hide this!Advertise here!