Glue on Eminence drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No one has any idea ? Do we have any 'Eminence' members ?

I took off the dust cap from one driver with some damage to the cone surface . The glue would not come off easily ! :bawling:

Good news is that it appears to sound better without the dust cap .:D

I don't want to remove the other dust cap until I know which solvent to use. Doesn't anyone know what glue it is ?
Thanks.

Both the cone and dust cap are made of paper. I have bits of the glue from the first cone. I'll heat it with my hot air blower and see if it does soften that way at a reasonable temperature. But on the cone it might need more heat due to the paper that will be blocking the hot air.
I would think that a solvent might be best to start with. I'll pop into the chemical market tomorrow and pick up some Acetone,Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Xylene , Tolune and Ether , unless someone knows which one is best. We get them in small packing and should be OK for experimenting.
I've bought them all long ago and so the seller will not ask me what it's for.
I've been buying from them since I was 15 !Explosives at that time :D
like Potassium chlorate and nitrate , potassium ferricyanide , sulphur etc . .....to make minature solid fuel rocket engines ! If I bought that today the cops would be after me :hot:

I had emailed Eminence also. Their Sr.Lab Technician said that technical support will respond on Monday.
I hope they will help solve the issue. Or maybe they will say ....don't meddle with it !.:(

Meantime I will keep the second driver intact so that I can compare them . I have to run them in before measuring their T/S parameters. Will do so on my OB's .

I use thinners from a car accessories shop, brush it on and then put the driver in a plastic bag. After 10 minutes or so you should be able to pull the dustcap off. If what you are using softens the glue then you are just 1 step away from being able to remove the dustcap. Be patient!

sp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.