Trying to replace ripped speakers(NU-B)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, guys, I am new in this business, but I have a question. For a longest time I had a floor standing speakers(JVC SP74BK ) that had 2 top speakers(tweeters) ripped. Only working speakers there are large subs.

The top speaker(HSA0818-01A/ 1GA2Y) is rated at 4ohm and the middle one (HSA1034-01B/ 1G22A) is 8 ohm. What should I do?
Should I just go on the ebay and buy tweeters with the same "ohmage" and fits in the box?

Don't beat me up too hard I am pretty new in this and tried to find the answer.

Much respect
Yuriy

I tried to look up the number, no go. With out knowing any of the specs for the speaker, it's a shot in the dark. Post a picture of the speakers and maybe some one has seen them before and can help a little more.

Most of the folks here are far more into the technical side of building and go for the best quality of sound. But it's not to say they won't help. Beware, you could get bit buy the bug, the speaker building bug.

Unfortnatelly, I am not there yet(building high qulity speakers). Military don't pay that much ;).

But here are some specs that I found on the back of the loudspeakers boxes.
"JVC SP-74BK
Power handling capacity 125W, 210W Music. Impedance 8 Ohm."
The openings are top 2 7/8" and middle one is 3 3/4".

Here are the pictures. I really appreciate your help!
[/IMG]

ukrsindicat said:
Unfortnatelly, I am not there yet(building high qulity speakers). Military don't pay that much ;).

But here are some specs that I found on the back of the loudspeakers boxes.
"JVC SP-74BK
Power handling capacity 125W, 210W Music. Impedance 8 Ohm."
The openings are top 2 7/8" and middle one is 3 3/4".

Here are the pictures. I really appreciate your help!
[/IMG]

I know how he military pays and what to do on a poor boy budget. When I was in the Navy many years ago, I had for a stereo, a Sears Silvertone tube type amp out of an old busted up console stereo. Luckily I had joined to learn electronics, I was an ET, so it was part of the challenge to get things going. That was 32 years ago and I'm still having fun doing it.

Selecting components for your speakers will be a hit and miss, but to get them going on a small budget try a
Midrange and a tweeter. These are low budget but will probably work for what you need. Find a guy that works on communications equipment and you might be able to talk him into helping you level out the speakers, they could be overly bright.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.