Isosceles ( A speaker project) - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2008, 12:15 AM   #11
ttruman is offline ttruman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyhub
Please: how guys do you automatically insert "Originally posted by..." in a quote? Never be able to discover the trick
At the bottom right of the post check Quote then click Post Reply.
Edit to your liking.
Old 6th March 2008, 07:18 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Another trapezoidal idea ...

How about these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg petroff baffle least 2.jpg (52.1 KB, 392 views)
Old 6th March 2008, 10:29 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Great idea for the cabs Hubert but then I saw what drivers you had in them. Ugh! Filthy Accuton.
Old 6th March 2008, 03:46 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the trick ttruman!
Quote:
Originally posted by ShinOBIWAN
Great idea for the cabs Hubert but then I saw what drivers you had in them. Ugh! Filthy Accuton.
God, my acoustical diodes network seems to work perfectly and even better than intended because it does even kill all the distortions related to the stiff cones of my very bad C220NT6!!!
Lucky Shin with your perfect AT drivers: no need of complicate cabs or filters
________
Masohub.
Old 6th March 2008, 03:55 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Allways astonished by the global acoustical knowledge of sreten
Also allways astonished by the relatively poor means of the diy community to cancel/reduce standing waves in our enclosures without using damping material thus reducing efficiency thus reducing dynamic range. Indeed we see anechoic shaped cubics but too small to have any effect or unparalleled walls allowing standing waves to develop in the height of the enclosure (ie your isosceles ttruman). Nevertheless it's so simple to build inner dimensions smaller than the wave lenght at least in the upper-bass/low-mid ranges which are the most critical.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Very interesting. Got any measurements of the efficacy of this sort of internal layout? I'm interested as I have been exploring similar ideas.
Old 6th March 2008, 04:28 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Lucky Shin with your perfect AT drivers: no need of complicate cabs or filters
Ain't that the truth.

Are you sure you don't want to buy any real drivers?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 6th March 2008, 05:55 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Very interesting. Got any measurements of the efficacy of this sort of internal layout? I'm interested as I have been exploring similar ideas.
No measurements, even no comparison with/without diodes. Just respecting the propagation laws; my network acts as preventing the standing waves to expend lower than a given frequency (size of the cells), as breaking the waves and guiding them to the farest ends of the enclosure (top and botom), as preventing the waves to return to the driver cone (at least with a reduced level), as preventing own resonances (vents effects thus each cell possess two wide opened sides and almost all cells have different volumes). A first and quick view could letting one think that this network works like a tranmission or resonant line but...absolutely and definitely not.
What I can honestly say is that with a piece of only 10"x10" of very thin sort of felt behind the woofer, even running fullrange, absolutely no resonance is audible if I stick my ears close to the driver or close to the vent. Frankly, never had I expected such an efficient effect before building this network.
My other speaker uses a SEAS CA26RE4X, sealed, heavy and dead walls, several braces, gold number sized (modulus from Tony Gee); the C220NT6 in my special enclosure kills the bass and low-mid ranges of the modulus by far even if vented with a high fb (theorically largely inferior than the sealed -Q 0.56- SEAS); Thus: quality of the driver, of the enclosure properties...or both?...
Old 6th March 2008, 05:58 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShinOBIWAN

Ain't that the truth.

Are you sure you don't want to buy any real drivers?

Click the image to open in full size.
Drivers from Batman's ennemy the Joker? Or maybe a reversed reverse engineering?

Old 6th March 2008, 06:01 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Oh yes
Spiderman's drivers!
Old 6th March 2008, 11:54 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Hide this!Advertise here!