Ease of use – XO sims and measurements - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd March 2008, 08:18 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Ease of use – XO sims and measurements

Software speaker design tools – there are powerful ones around, but a number of people have posted that most take a while to learn

From individual opinions it seems that for crossover simulations, Basta may be easier than Soundeasy (along with much lower cost & functionality, ie the trade off between functionality & ease of use), and may be the best one to adopt, unless the you’re after the most functionality

(And ARTA is the easiest measurement package to use)

Who has experience with more than one, and can say if I’m right?

Thanks
Old 3rd March 2008, 04:42 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

To start XO design, I should measure the drivers' response FR and impedance ( plus ?)

To measure the end system result, I've decided on ARTA. ARTA can measure an individual driver's FR, but no other driver parameters.

Isn't Speaker Workshop a bit tricky to learn - what's the easiest way to measure the drivers?

and as (I believe) Basta can’t import driver parameters measurements, how long would it take to key the relevant driver parameters in??

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!