NEw Hemp Acoustics Dual Concentrics - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2008, 03:34 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Stew, are you able to provide better FR curves for the coaxes? the ones posted look suspiciously like the eqivalent Radian versions and I'd be most interested to see individual driver responses, not summed and smoothed. Most interested in the 8 and 15 coaxes.
I emailled Perry about this ages back and was promised some, but they never eventuated.
Cheers
Old 6th March 2008, 08:56 PM   #12
SamL is offline SamL  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

E-speakers carry them
http://estore.websitepros.com/173675...HEMP+ACOUSTICS

Anyone tried these drivers? How does it compare to name brand?
Old 7th March 2008, 07:15 AM   #13
simon5 is offline simon5  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShinOBIWAN
But the information contained, and specifically the link, is old news and not an accurate reflection of Hemp Acoustics.
I agree that's old news and that website goes way too far, but there's small bits of good information on it that might need thinking on it no ?

I tend to have confidence in John Janowitz, in particular.

I think we all had our fair share of problems in the DIY world that the community should at least be warned no ?

I don't want to start a debate here, but hiding true or false information which is now in the public domain isn't helping anybody.
Old 7th March 2008, 01:27 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by simon5

I agree that's old news and that website goes way too far, but there's small bits of good information on it that might need thinking on it no ?

I tend to have confidence in John Janowitz, in particular.

I think we all had our fair share of problems in the DIY world that the community should at least be warned no ?

I don't want to start a debate here, but hiding true or false information which is now in the public domain isn't helping anybody.

Sorry but like I said before, this topic isn't up for debate.

Whatever the argument, this place is not the venue to discuss hearsay and events which transpired elsewhere. The problem with doing so is finding the real truth of the arguments and that's not to be taken lightly given the ramifications and the whole of idea of cause and effect.

In cases like this the only clear cut action for us to take is wash our hands of it and say "not on here, please". Its not censorship and nor are we hiding information, its the only sensible course of action for the long term stability of the forum.

Hope folks understand.
Old 7th March 2008, 05:18 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

This isn't sitting right with me. I agree, this is not the place to discuss external affairs, and I would much rather discuss speaker theory. So in the best interest of the forum why leave up a threatening post like Nanook's above, who obviously has a commercial interest to protect? Remove it all, and let the discussion focus on the OP's original question, has anyone heard these drivers and have a comment on them?

Hide this!Advertise here!