Re-Jigging the jig: Speaker testing device for Arta, Speaker Workshop & HOLMImpulse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mic Kit

I just have to connect the mic capsule to complete the kit.I assume that the shield connects to the pad that is joined to the outer case and the center conductor to the other pad. The reason I am asking is that an internet search showed a 3wire hookup and cutting of a trace. Just wanted to make sure.I am impressed with the amount of fabrication and engineering that went into these kits.Excellent value for sure.The only problem is that the green LED for the mic kit had to be inserted from the wrong side of the board in order for things to line up with the case.I only mention this so it can be rectified in later kits.

Hi,
why is my kit running hot.
R1, R5 & the chipamp are all hot, almost too hot to hold a finger on.

The LED resistor is probably too low in value for my 16Vac transformer, easy sorted, using 2k//2k resistors. Does this LED need 30mA?

But the Zobel and chip being hot seems to indicate oscillation.

I only have the transformer connected, all the other inputs and outputs are empty.

Wish fullfilled

Hey MJL21193.
searched for a long time to build the jig but could not find any details, was very depressed u know. I have some speakers i purchased from a store selling excess oem productions but without any t/s parameters. And i had no way to check it. but today i searched an found this thread of yours . i am too overjoyed to express.
i would like to purchase your full kit,
please tell me how to pay you.i am from india.
Also if you could include a manual or some thing alike on how to use this jig with speakerworkshop-with a sample, it will be very useful for a newbie like me.
thank you

Mic kit has arrived, but with no schematic or parts list. If someone has it, can you help me? please.

158941d1266678979-re-jigging-jig-speaker-testing-device-arta-speaker-workshop-holmimpulse-120.png

158942d1266679292-re-jigging-jig-speaker-testing-device-arta-speaker-workshop-holmimpulse-121.png

This was one of those moments where dual monitors came in really handy. I pasted the circuit board image into Microsoft Paint and and in another Paint window I reversed the circuit board image horizontally to help follow the traces with the board flipped back and forth...sort of. You could just print the images too...have fun!:)

input is continually clip thus giving false reading

I have tried many things both with the mic and creative usb Audigy nx sound card and mixer to get it to be calibrated
what is the best way to calibrate and run this with Homimpulse
amp is set to put ~2.83 V at 61% output from the creative lab usb soundcard

and the phase is all over the place

I am using the following Behringer 802 mixer with 48 phantom power to a calibrated Behringer ECM 8000 to the mic input( bridge as in the instructions)

Thus getting a flat response 20 to 20khz with slight variation due to digital clipping

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.