Polk Monitor 70 Speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th February 2008, 03:44 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Polk Monitor 70 Speakers

I live in a small town and, the only place to buy speakers does not have much to pick from. they have Polk 50/60 and 70s monitors. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these speakers? I thought about getting a pair of the 70s but, I realize they might not have alot of deep bass output because of the driver sizes but, i have a diy 15" dayton dvc sub with 500 watt Bash amp to fill in the low bass. just looking for opinions on the Polk speakers in general and, if they might blend with my sub well I could order something else but i'm trying to avoid shipping charges. I listen to mainly music as my main source. Thanks!
Old 20th February 2008, 05:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Polk Monitor 70 Speakers

Quote:
Originally posted by crippledchicken
just looking for opinions on the Polk speakers in general and, if they might blend with my sub well I could order something else but i'm trying to avoid shipping charges.
I liked my pair of Polk 7 (I'm assuming Polk 70 is an evolution?) that I found in a pawn shop in 1987, but I wouldn't buy them again when there are so much better kits going (like the Zaph SR71 from Madisound, for example) that just need basic assembling (assuming you can't DIY?).

Look inside ANY commercial speaker, and you'll be amazed at the cost-cutting and wonder where your money went. And what you'll be saving in shipping, you be spending on retail prices (marketing and profit) anyway. If you can't get in the DIY spirit and money is short, you can at least buy used on ebay or somewhere....

Hide this!Advertise here!