diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Multi-Way (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   SB Acoustics... The stuff looks good (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/117371-sb-acoustics-stuff-looks-good.html)

sardonx 13th February 2008 08:12 AM

SB Acoustics... The stuff looks good

So I just noticed at Madisound the SB Acoustics lineup with actual pricing and some quality photos. I like the use of Papyrus/hard paper for the cones, and the frames are robust. Should be interesting to see what these guys can come up with on their own especially with the unreleased cost no object line.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/ind...cturers_id=147

sfreak 13th February 2008 08:30 AM

Woah. Looks like they finally have some in stock. Well, there you go. From what I've heard though, they are as of yet to measure up to the Scanspeak counterparts which I think everyone was expecting them to be. But at that pricing, who needs them to. Looks like a very good budget-ish range. I think I might have to get a few into my grubby hands and have a play and see how they go...

Andy G 13th February 2008 09:45 AM

Rumours are that WES will be stocking.

We will have to wait and see ;-)

sfreak 13th February 2008 10:05 AM

Semi-officially I know all distribution in Australia is being handled though Stones Sound Studio. So I shall be getting a few in never the less. Russell Storey has been taking on a few things like that lately. I got in contact with Wes a month or so ago and no one knew anything about it :/

Andy G 13th February 2008 10:11 AM

yep, and Stone distributes through WES.

seems we have heard similar rumours ;-))

hunting for a specific email....

ps.. and does the WES guys having no idea really surprise you?? :D

sfreak 13th February 2008 10:16 AM

Ahhh... well there you go. I dont really know if they are seperate or combined entities. Seems though no one at Wes knows much about it. Heres hoping no one gets to greedy and the pricing is similar to Madisound. SBA was saying something about the same pricing no matter where. So should give Jaycar products and the like a run for there money.

Speaking of which, I should have my measurement gear up in the coming weeks and measure the Jaycar drivers and see exactly what they can do. No one yet has had them measured have they Andy?

EDIT: Wes guys no idea?! Never had that before :P

Andy G 13th February 2008 10:19 AM

Darn Jaycar, they have a line of quite nice looking mids and bass drivers, but no curves , 3 T/s values. Two new tweeter, I can't even find out what the Fs is meant to be.

I've prodded head office, local branch.. nada !!!

Andy G 13th February 2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sfreak
Ahhh... well there you go. I dont really know if they are seperate or combined entities. Seems though no one at Wes knows much about it. Heres hoping no one gets to greedy and the pricing is similar to Madisound. SBA was saying something about the same pricing no matter where. So should give Jaycar products and the like a run for there money.

Speaking of which, I should have my measurement gear up in the coming weeks and measure the Jaycar drivers and see exactly what they can do. No one yet has had them measured have they Andy?

EDIT: Wes guys no idea?! Never had that before :P

awaiting your results on the Jaycar stuff, cos I am not buying without more info.

sfreak 13th February 2008 10:22 AM

Well I should have Soundeasy up and running shortly. So I might get a few and check them out. And going to pull out my old speakers from years ago with a Jaycar 5" Response woofer and tweet and fix them. Finally. Maybe. Wait and see. To many projects! :xeye:

Andy G 13th February 2008 10:29 AM

Don't worry about the old Jaycar stuff, it's the new stuff I'm interest in, have you seen any? Concave cones etc

If you haven't , search CW2190, 2192, 2194,2196, 2198, 2199