A thread to post your "project files"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who wanted to post "project files" for various designs / programs in one place to serve as a mini-library.

I'll start with some links to ones I could find:

First, not "projects", but some nice beginner info for SoundEasy:
http://chadgray.info/soundeasy/index.cfm

Chad Gray's Dayton RS150 and Dayton RS28 2 way vented, SoundEasy files:
Dayton RS150 and Dayton RS28.
http://chadgray.info/soundeasywiki/index.cfm/Projects.ChadsRS150RS28Ported

Will post more later as I come accross them.

Please post files/links for all programs such as LspCAD, Speaker Workshop, FRD Consortium tools, WinISD, etc., etc...

Here is another. Max Andrews has modeled the Parts Express 5" PA driver, Dayton PA130-8 5" Full Range PA Driver, and the Dayton ND20FA-6 3/4" Neodymium Dome Tweeter. This project is a very efficient one, and will not require much output to run.

here is Max's rendering.

2212294069_be513588b7_o.jpg

Here is the modeling

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And here's the parts list. The parts numbers are from Parts Express.

total cost for drivers, crossover parts, port tubes, and terminal posts: $95.96

016-5 X 2
027-342 X 4
027-344 X 2
260-301 X 2
260-387 X 2
027-425 X 2
295-010 X 4
255-208 X 2
255-234 X 2
275-030 X 2

Are the data files available? With this thread I was hoping to collect here the files that one could load into a program for designing speakers so that we other DIYers could fiddle with it and not have to go through the whole process from scratch ourselves.

I think there are other threads on this, and on other forums, with completed projects and pictures already. With this thread I was hoping to make a place for the actual files of the saved projects that would be loaded into programs such as SoundEasy, LspCAD, etc...

We could look at someone else's design, then say, see how the predicted response changes as we change baffle demensions, cabinet volume, or even substitute a different driver.

Once you've taken the measurements and setup the project a lot of work has been done, to then make the files available to the rest of us should be relativly easy.

If you look at the second link on my first post, you'll see you can download the .hif, .wfr, and .twe? files which are for SoundEasy. I'm not sure what the extensions are for other programs, other than .FRD is a comon one.

John L said:
Here is another. Max Andrews has modeled the Parts Express 5" PA driver, Dayton ND20FA-6 3/4" Neodymium Dome Tweeter. This project is a very efficient one, and will not require much output to run...
Thanks for posting that; I'd like to hear that speaker, or, anyone's comments who has listened to it, I wonder if there are some tweaks that can be done to smooth out the response (on the drivers themselves, not crossover wise).

The arms on the woofer's stamped steel frame look like they're rather broad and will cause reflections, maybe some wool damping on the inside, between the frame and the cone, would help. (or drilling some big holes, but it's tough to prevent the metal shavings from getting into the gap...)

critofur said:

Thanks for posting that; I'd like to hear that speaker, or, anyone's comments who has listened to it, I wonder if there are some tweaks that can be done to smooth out the response (on the drivers themselves, not crossover wise).

The arms on the woofer's stamped steel frame look like they're rather broad and will cause reflections, maybe some wool damping on the inside, between the frame and the cone, would help. (or drilling some big holes, but it's tough to prevent the metal shavings from getting into the gap...)

I got four of the PA130s a couple of weeks ago, but have too much on my plate to begin right now. I am going to make the project, because I am heavy into tubes, and have a two receiver setup to my main computer, one being tube. I will use my subwoofer with them too.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This is A STEAL! All you have to do is add a 75watt sub amp, and you have a supurb subwoofer for the computer. I love it!

critofur said:
Could you post some pictures of the driver that comes in that cheap "Xbox" sub?

I'd rather not, because I am a bit lazy right now. I would have to shut down my computer, and remove it, to get to the sub, which is on the bottom, and under my desk. However, it is an 8" subwoofer, that is also shielded. The only thing missing is the amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.